D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Yavathol

Explorer
Gul's ears pricked up, "Old scrolls? I have some knowledge of the Weave, if you would like to discuss the magical arts at some point? For example, I am curious how many family and servants you have, and how many animated objects like these.." he gestured towards the suits of armour and smiled.

Creamsteak

Explorer
The older lord scratches the dome of his head a bit and looks at you a bit embarrassed. "My brother, father, and grandfather were the... mages... of the family. I always had more of a talent with the axe. I'm afraid the guardians are artifacts of their days. My own son took after my talents, it seems, though he may have gotten himself into trouble. I've not heard much from him in quite a while..."

He somewhat awakens and looks at Gul. "I learned a bit from the family business, but perhaps you can make more use of the study..."

He leads down the hallway and to the east into a fairly empty library with a few tables with various papers and such. "I can usually find something in here, given the time. There are most definitely some arcane scrolls on the desk there, and there should be at least one for sending a message, but there might be something there beyond my own means."

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
"Thank you, this looks fascinating! By the way, we travel around the Sword Coast quite a bit, if you would like us to keep an eye out for your son?"
Gul has a look at the material, forgetting that they haven't yet eaten..

Creamsteak

Explorer
There is a scroll of sending and a scroll of seeming on the table. There is also an open book with an illumination drawn on one side of each page and then a name written on the other side. A quick glance, you notice that the name appears to be written in a single specific language each time, and the languages vary between celestial, infernal, and others. The illuminations are well drawn. Every several pages is a chapter heading with a brief writing detailing a dream and making reference to the illuminations.

Harthos explains, slightly angrily, that "Harthal, my son, married a common thief from Yartar. He also stole away with my enchanted giant-slaying axe. He may still be there, though there has not been word since."

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
"Ah, yes Lord Harthos, thank you!

I'm sorry to hear that. Thank you for telling me; be assured I shall be discrete next time I am in Yartar."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Presumably a message is concocted within the limits of a sending spell to be sent that night. The party full rests, and then awakens to head to Silverymoon.

In that context, the next day you ride to Silverymoon and encounter the cities fabled mythal, a permanent field of overlapping magical
wards and effects tied to a specific location.

The Gem of the North is a stunning place of sweeping curves, soaring towers, and structures built into the living trees. To many elves, the city is a reminder of the ancient elven cities of old; some call it the Myth Drannor of the North, even nowadays after the restoration and subsequent fall of that fabled city. Even where stone is employed in construction, ivy and other living plants grow through, over, or around most structural elements, giving most of the city a green cast.

Once just outside of the city, what do you want to do?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"To the city?" asks the small gnome. Assuming no one objects, she follows the main road towards the city gate, watching as the massive towers grow larger as she approaches, falling into line behind an ox cart as she approaches.

"Watch your step, Whist. Everybody." She advises.

Remove ads