IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

worthley

First Post
Bazrim, having told the others about the invisibility potion, refocuses on the second potion. Wanting to give his take on the situation, he remembers the lesson he learnd just days ago and keeps quiet.

Dichotomy

Explorer
"That is not what was reported. We heard that the barkeep was stabbed, and the description of the attacker matches you," the watchman replies, pointing his whistle at Nethezar.

"That's what we saw," one of the few remaining onlookers says, feebly.

"The one that stabbed me," Tarquin starts, "surely looked like him. But they are talking about magic and disguise."

"That's enough to implicate you and investigate. You will drop any weapons, be they swords or magic staffs, and you will tell me what happened. If you fail to comply, reinforcements will be summoned, and you will be treated as resisting." Despite the harsh words, the man seems cool and detached, though not without some effort.

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel points with her chin to the knife on the bar. "That is the knife we pulled out of Tarquin there. By all appearances it was put there by our companion over here who had retired for the night already. However, this merchant instantly came down and roused this drunken mob against us. After we revived Tarquin and subdued the merchant, we found those," She slowly gestures to the knives on the table "Identical knives on his body. We believe that he was the person who planted the knife into the barkeep and then changed his form somehow. Just how is currently a point of frustration however." Erdolliel then slowly sets her own dagger on the adjacent table.

Last edited:

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak spreads his hands slightly, highlighting his lack of weaponry. Turning his head to Eskard he nods, instructing him to do the same.

Eskard, obedient as ever, unceremoniously drops all he's holding and mimics Kushnak crudely.

Kushnak turns back to the watchman, "What my companion says is true. We provoked nothing, and acted only to save ourselves and Tarquin. This man" he says gesturing slightly to the unconscious merchant, "is the one responsible for inciting the crowd here, and I believe for the attempted assassination that took place."

worthley

First Post
Bazrim follows the instructions of the guards by setting all his wands, potions and daggers down. He continues to follow the instructions from the last time they had run in with the law.

Dichotomy

Explorer
After Bazrim has lowered his arms, Nethezar follows suit. "For the record, I did not stab that man."

The watchman nods once all the weapons are down. "Very good. Now, I do understand at least the basic thrust of your professed innocence. You believe that this merchant, using some magic, impersonated you," he points at Nethezar. "He then dropped his guise and came down to incite the crowd."

The watchman's tone becomes more stern. "You must, of course, understand then that, until the truth can be verified, you need be guarded. Given the late hour, calling a diviner shall have to wait until morning. I must insist that, until then, you be taken into custody. If your story is verified in the morning, you will be released."

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak smiles slightly, "Yes, that is reasonable. We'll accompany you wherever you wish. We have a fair amount of equipment to transport. And I'd ask that you keep a posted watch on all of us. I would guess the unconscious one has some skill in escaping."

Remove ads