• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Dichotomy's Age of Worms: The Whispering Cairn

michael_noah

First Post
Nollan slumps against one of the slabs and sighs heavily.

"Is anyone else suddenly tired? There seems to be something strange going on... That or I'm older than I thought."

Nollan does his best to examine the room, taking the time to cast Detect Magic if others also complain of their sudden weariness.

Dichotomy

Explorer
[size=-2]OOC: Boy... I should have known that you meant that corpse...

Anyway, Vixtrin still kills the bug, and you are all still fatigued.[/size]

The corpse lies on the southwesternmost slab in the room. While most of what it is wearing seems ruined and rotten, its red leather armor seems in decent care and of good make (masterwork). It is emblazoned with an eight-pointed star-like symbol, though it means nothing to Fintan. The corpse also is wearing a silver ring.

Vixtrin snorts in response to Nollan's comment. "Old fuddy duddy," she mutters. She looks about to say something more, but instead she is forced to stifle yet another yawn.

Taking Vixtrin's yawn and Sprout's comment as a sign, Nollan casts detect magic and examines the room. After examining a bit as everyone tries to stay awake, he notes that the room itself has some magic aura. Additionally, the statue on the stage has a moderately strong aura.

TiCaudata

First Post
"I don't think I much like the way that statue looks." Fintan says as he walks over towards the statue, examining how well it might be secured to the stage.

"Who else would hate it if it happened to have a hairy little...'h'accident?"

michael_noah

First Post
"Well, my friend, be care that you don't h'accidentally come to some harm as well. You'll do well to note that it has some magic about it. In fact, the room itself does. I can't say whether it will do us any harm, but I already feel worse off just for being here."

Nollan surveys the room one last time, and says a simple prayer over the deceased resident.

"I'd imagine that at least part of the reason we're here is to profit from the venture. Would someone care to help me gather what might be of value here before we continue on?"

TiCaudata

First Post
Fintan gives the statue a good push in hopes of knocking it to the hard, hard floor.

Providing that this doesn't seriously harm him, he'll go assist Nollan.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Fintan manages to ever so slightly tip the statue, but he fails to move it any further than that. It seems to weigh several hundred pounds.

You are easily able to get the leather armor and the ring from the corpse, though it is somewhat odd taking the armor off of it. The corpse's head seems well mashed. Nothing else on him seems of value.

Last edited:

michael_noah

First Post
"If there's nothing more of interest here, perhaps we'd best move on. It seems we'll be taking the long way 'round to find another way back up to the room above."

Nollan leads the way back to the crossroads before allowing Sprout to take up his customary scouting role.

He gestures to the corpse on his way out, "There seems to be a plethora of ... remains down here. I hope that our travels don't end up the same way."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads