D&D 5E [IC] Egon's Lost Mine of Phandelver

Egon

First Post
The five of you get into formation, and you start to carefully creep along the path towards the natural stairs, Ana leading the way. The path, as Ana found out earlier, eventually becomes one with the water, and you find you have no choice but to either be ankle deep on the path or knee deep in the stream itself. You keep to the path the best you can, and the water is cold and biting.

It's easy to see why the Goblins would want to live in a damp, smelly place like this. It's dark, and provides plenty of cover from those who would intrude into their little world from the outside. It's also easy to see that those of you without the ability to see in the dark could get rather lost and be blinded were it not for the torch you carry, it's flickering flame casting enough light to see by in the cave. And, unfortunately, it's also that very same torch that is probably going to get you into trouble.

As you near the natural stairs, you begin to hear what sounds like whispering voices. Or is that an air flow through a natural vent in the cave? Maybe the running trickle of water? You halt, hoping it's just your imagination, but several very fast seconds later you hear the unmistakable sound of rock on rock, pounding in a very frantic and rhythmic pattern, accompanied by the very distinct sound of someone half-shouting in Goblin "Bring it down!". And it sounds like that voice is coming from wherever those natural steps lead to.

OOC: I tried to put you guys in the right order, but if I messed up just say so and I'll update the map before my next post. Also, please note that you are not standing on the bridge, but under it; I have no way on the map to place you there and still show the bridge above you. :)

Everyone roll initiative in their next post please.

GM Initiative: [roll0]
[sblock=Map]
cragmaw_player_map_by_ghostbusteregon-d9a0r3k.jpg
[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
Ana cursed the torch that had probably given them away. Nothing to do about it now...

OOC: Guess I shouldn't have said anything about your initiative rolls.
Initiative: [roll0]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Endurance is all too aware of his physical bulk on this narrow path, and s the others make their way ahead of him, their eyes not needing the light that he does, he holds his shield and his war hammer, and he is proceeding cautiously when he hears the goblin scream.

OOC: Initiative [roll0].

Schmoe

Adventurer
Gnash jumps at the sound of the goblin voices. "Move! Out of the water! Rush forward, now!" He rushes forward, trying to herd his companions forward and up the stairs.

OOC: [roll0]

Egon

First Post
The pounding of rock on rock stops after a few moments, but the silence that creates is immediately filled in by the roar of rushing water. A wave some 8 or so feet high comes rushing around the corner, threatening to sweep over you!

OOC: Everyone except Keira, please roll a STR check against DC 15. Failure means you are swept up in the rushing water, knocked prone, and dragged all the way back to the cave entrance, taking [roll0] bludgeoning damage in the process.

Keira, due to your position and winning initiative, you may roll a DEX saving throw with advantage against DC 10. Success means you are able to move back into the area on the western side of the stream and out of harm's way. Failure means you must also provide a STR check against DC 15, with failure indicating you are also swept up, knocked prone, and take the damage amount indicated above.

The torch - or torches, if you have multiples lit - is/are extinguished regardless of the saving throw(s) above.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Strength: [roll0].

With his large bulk, Endurance is able to keep his footing as the water crashes by him.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Keira doesn't speak goblin, but long years on the streets have taught her what it sounds like when things go wrong. The crashing water finds her long gone, as she was able to fling herself back into the western alcove. Her torch is lost in the effort however, and all is dark.

OOC: dexterity save [roll0]
advantage [roll1]

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Strength Check or Save?. If it's a save, she gets +2. [roll0]

Not that it matters with that roll...

The water swept over Anastriana flushing her back to the mouth of the cave. She bashed her side against a rock along the way, eliciting a terrible curse in Goblin.

Remove ads