D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Harb listened to the explanation and thought to himself as he studied the camp in general. Then he spoke. (Before being invited to meet the commander.) "I suggest you find a way to drain away all of this water. These insects tend to spread disease and they are attracted to it."

OOC: Prof: medicine should suffice. Also, historically speaking the ideas of proper drainage and links between vermin and disease are not new. At the very least.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Yes, thank you. We are working on it." said Perne with only a hint of frustration.

OOC: Knowing about an issue and being able to prevent it are two different things. They are aware of their problems and are doing their best. Never assume that my NPCs are fools. Assume that life is hard and things are difficult.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Yup, and they designed everything to drain into the moat. Unfortunately, the ground didn't cooperate. It barely ever stops raining. Every time they dig a ditch to drain a puddle, one forms somewhere else. In the mean time, they spend most of their days fighting Dinosaurs and most of their nights fighting Undead. They're not stupid, this jungle just sucks.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Commander Breakbone was angry when the Sticks arrived in his tent. His scouts had given him bad news and he was tearing up a map in frustration. Getting a hold of his temper, he greeted the Sticks cordially enough and introduced his second, a dwarf named Ord Firebeard who grunted and said, "Welcome to 'ell."

Commander Breakbone sized up the newcomers and said, "I have great need of extra manpower. So much so, in fact, that I'm afraid I'm going to have to demand it of you. Consider yourselves pressed into service. I'll give you food and an hour to prepare, but I need you to accompany some of my scouts southwest to a place the locals call Mbala - it's a ruin on the top of a cliff. Get my men up there so they can have a look around and get me some maps that are accurate, unlike this garbage!"

He cursed and waved his hand at scores of parchment with various maps and diagrams that littered his table.

OOC: You can assume that most of the problems they are having that I mentioned in the above posts are spoken about either here or around the camp.

Fradak

Explorer
Chrysagon doesn't like the tone of this officer and feels the need to protect his comrades.

"With all the respect that I owe you, Commander, you don't seem very diplomatic. That's make two of us.

Now, let's keep going this conversation as gentlemen, will you? None of the Sticks are under your authority and I already have my own orders. We will talk about your request and come to you with an answer, after that we rested.

It has been a long day, for all of us. "

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Commander Breakbone was unused to having his orders challenged. Still, he was somewhat understanding that his request could be seen as unreasonable. "I understand that you have had an arduous journey, and I am not unsympathetic. But I'm afraid you are mistaken regarding authority: This is my camp; therefore you are under my command. Your orders will have to wait. I appreciate your help and I will reward your efforts to the best of my ability. However, I'm afraid that I can't accept insubordination. For all our sakes, just do as I command without dissent!"

It was clear that the commander was exhausted and overwhelmed with his responsibility. He was absolutely failing to be diplomatic, but he was trying. Captain Perne and Ord Firebeard stood by silently, with grave expressions.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Perhaps our guide can help where your scouts have failed. He is knowledgeable of this region and has saved us much trouble on our way here."

Harb offered as an alternative. He motioned Qwasha up to inspect the commander's collection of maps.

OOC: Persuasion: [roll0], if necessary.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Are we free to leave this camp? If not, are we your prisoners? Is this what the order of the Gauntlet stands for? Theses are the words of a follower of Bane, not righteous behavior. "

Rodrigo made a visible effort to check his anger.

"We are here to help. I understand that you are in desperate need. But do not bring dishonor to your order".

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I will make use of your Guide, thank you." Commander Breakbone answered Harb while ignoring Rodrigo. He waved Qawasha to look at the maps and said, "Your man can stay while you get prepared for your mission."

He turned to speak to Qawasha and it was clear that the interview was over. Captain Perne put her hand on Rodrigo's shoulder and said, "Come, my friend. I will answer any questions you have. Let us go find you all a meal, as the Commander suggested."

Remove ads