• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Fitz's Folly

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The Nameless joins Chrysagon in ministering to the dead. His only real interest lies in finding their names. If any had lived long enough to tell theirs to him he writes it on a scrap of paper, also placed into the deceased man's mouth. Once completed he turns and begins to scout out the path ahead, moving stealthily ahead of any who are not so inclined.

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The key that the Urchins stole for Miss Imogen fitted the lock in the storm-drain cover. Just as Klevin Van'Sharen's hand-drawn map showed, the entrance to the Serpent's Coils lay just inside and to the right of the true water-grate. The bodies went bump-bump-bump down the stairs to a storage room dimly lit by sconces with sputtering torches. The air was damp and stale, and at the far-end of the room, a vertical shaft descended into darkness. The store room contains a writing desk, a chair, and a few crates and barrels.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The Nameless moves over to the writing desk and inspects it for any clues, checking drawers and skimming any correspondence.

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Rodrigo finds a winch-and-pulley system for bringing up small-to-mid-sized crates, and a ladder going down twenty feet to a tunnel.

Nameless finds pen-and-ink, a ledger book (detailing deliveries in code) and a hastily crumpled letter:

Note.png

Fradak

Explorer
Keeping his voice low, "Obviously Sanuya is not aware that a prince learned of their existence. They seem waiting for us, though."

Chrysagon looks down the shaft then takes four coins from his purse. Clenching his fist, he closes his eyes and quickly whispers a short prayer.

"Eternal, send your light through me,
And feed this righteous cause."

A moment later, rays of light pierced through his fingers. "This shaft may be trapped and a sentinel could be posted down there. This light will help anyone going down this ladder and it could be easily masked, if needed."

His hand outstretched, he offers the coins to anyone who wants one.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Discussing it, everyone agrees that it is the word they heard used at the market for the three-horned beast that was being auctioned off. (The Triceratops.) Ytepka is the traditional Chultan (derived from ancient Taxabi) word for it. How that relates here, no one is quite certain.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Dellrak has above average wisdom and average int
And I'm assuming the note was read allowed.

Still by the ladder, and glancing up at the manhole from time to time Dellrak asks, "Well it don't look like dae 'left no trace' an'a the state of that letter (being crumpled) tells me dae didn't believe what it be saying either. "

"Let's move quickly dis place ain't goin' nowhere," he adds indicating the hole.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Rodrigo grabbed a coin and put out his torch

"a useful trick indeed. How long will this magical light last?"

He rubbed his chin as the letter was read. "I agree with Dellrack that we shouldn't tarry. While this is useful intelligence and I am sure that our employer will love to see this, ultimately our goal is not to unravel the structure of this organization - and we don't know nearly enough to be able to fool their members. The letter may mean they are on their guard though...

I also don't think this is a great place for an ambush. The first guy would be toast, but the others could very easily retreat and we would be hard pressed to give chase. Down the ladder we must go!"

Remove ads