• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] hafrogman's Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Forged Fury

First Post
Morgan nodded curtly. "If you have nothing else for us to do at the moment, we'll go check on the prisoner and take a quick rest." Turning to the rest of the group, she said, "Dismissed for now, try to get some rest. There's no telling when these bastards are going to make their move. If anyone wants to be part of the interrogation of the cultist we brought back, feel free."

Last edited by a moderator:

kuey1975

First Post
Jeni's eyes burned with fire. "I will be there!"

Carad nodded to Morgan in acknowledgement. "I have no need for rest at this time, Lieutenant. I'll follow along."

As the group moved on, Carad glanced as Jeni with some concern. He had met some wood elves in his travel, and had become accustomed to their more temperamental ways as compared to the eladrin, but even Jeni's fieriness was quite uncharacteristic. Switching to elvish, Carad cautioned Jeni, "Dear cousin, I understand your anger, but please do not let that overcome your better nature."

OOC: Carad is similarly well meaning, but also similarly has a Charisma of 8. :)

By the way, Carad is a full HP and nothing recharges for him after short rest.

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Governor nods.

"Yes, my task now falls to interrogating the prisoner and determining what we can. I doubt he will be talkative, so this may get unpleasant."

He calls Sergeant Markguth over to him and the two go to retrieve the prisoner.

"You have all been instrumental in this operation, so I certainly will not begrudge your presence if you wish to observe."

OOC: Alright, you're safely in the keep (for now). I don't particularly want to play out the interrogation scene, so anybody can be present if they wish, but you can trust the dragonclaw will eventually divulge what he knows. I'll summarize the results before we move on.

There's time for a short rest if you take it.

Anybody else have other business they wish to attend to?

Forged Fury

First Post
Before Nighthill departed, Morgan asked, "Governor Nighthill, does the Keep maintain a store of provisions? We may be able to make use of lamp oil, if it is available."

hafrogman

Adventurer
The Governor nods.

"Aye, the basement has most of our spare supplies. Feel free to find what use of it you may... within reason, of course."

OOC: You can find some lamp oil, rope, basic supplies, etc. Lemme know what you want/are taking.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: Mainly looking for a few flasks of oil for use as weapons if needed. I think most of us already have rope and the basics through our pack kits.

"Thank you," she replied. Morgan grabbed a patch of stone and sat down resting her back against the stone walls and closing her eyes for a brief rest.

kuey1975

First Post
The Governor nods.

"Aye, the basement has most of our spare supplies. Feel free to find what use of it you may... within reason, of course."

"Does the armory also have equipment to spare?" Carad asked.

OOC: Carad is looking to see if he can find better armor (studded leather) or weapon (longbow).

hafrogman

Adventurer
He shrugs.

"Aye, I suppose, if you have need. Let Escobert know anything you take, though. Else he'll drive him self mad come time for inventory."

OOC: All the spears and padded vests you could ever want, sorry.

Remove ads