• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Halfling Quest - Rooting Around

Boddynock

First Post
Alton clenches his arm to his side and grunts through the pain, "Yes, let's go - whatever it is, we can't let it get away. It could raise an alarm. I'll manage - but Jerran, have that poultice ready - just in case it hits me again."

Alton then stares into the darkness, seeking a hint of the marauder's evil presence.

"Come on!"

OOC:
Toughing it out - down to 5hp but remembering Fr Alton's exhortation to use the poultice sparingly. Detect evil to confirm it's still out there.

I take it that it moved before Alton could swing - and that means that the smite evil attack isn't wasted. Any chance I could keep the attack and damage rolls? :)

Bobitron

Explorer
Boddynock said:
OOC: I take it that it moved before Alton could swing - and that means that the smite evil attack isn't wasted. Any chance I could keep the attack and damage rolls? :)

ooc: Gosh, I sure hope so. Nice rolls, Boddy. :D

Ferrix

Explorer
Boddynock said:
OOC: I take it that it moved before Alton could swing - and that means that the smite evil attack isn't wasted. Any chance I could keep the attack and damage rolls? :)

OOC: Yep, in the round following the surprise round it had initiative and got to act first. I don't know about the attack and damage rolls.

ender_wiggin

First Post
The lighting of the room, apart from the incessant, unavoidable flickering of the lantern light, jerks to and fro to the nervous movements of Ringly's head as he searches the impenetrable darkness for their unnamed threat.

So small and so lethal. Ringly shook his head and regripped the lantern. His arm was pumping melf's acid, but he kept the light as high above his head as he could.

Ferrix

Explorer
The darkness seems to quaver around you as Ringly attempts to hold the lamp steady.

The wound in Alton's side burns with each movement he takes, but his gaze is focused into the black ahead hoping to make out the whispers of the creature, and he can, somewhere ahead it still remains, but it's fainter than before, as if there was something between you and it.

Alton and Bubbles lead the way down the hallway and the others follow closely behind, the smooth stone seems to echo their every step. With the lantern light shining bright, it reveals the hallway bends sharply to the right and seems to spiral downwards. Whatever it was, it definately made it around the bend and down the spiralling descent and it's far enough down that Alton can no longer sense the tendrils of evil that cling to it.

OOC: We've lost hafrogman. Sorry for the delay, life is just too busy sometimes.

Boddynock

First Post
Alton stumbles a little, and stops, motioning the others close. He whispers softly to them.

"I've lost it - it's run ahead of us - and it's clear that this passage leads downwards. Maybe it isn't a way back to the surface - and maybe whatever it is we just met has gone to get reinforcements."

"Whatever this place is, it's well-worked stone, and chances are it's large - which means there's room for plenty of others like we just met. Do we want to keep going this way, or go back? The problem with going on is that whatever's in this section now knows we're coming. The problem with going back is that they may send a raiding party to attack us from behind."

"Unfortunately, our dependence on lights means that whatever that was has us at a disadvantage - it can see us coming from far off, while I can only sense them about 60 feet away. Still, that's something - and they may not know that I can do that."

"What do you want to do? If we do go on, we'd better have a plan worked out to deal with an ambush. And if we do go on, do you think somebody could bind my wounds, please?"

Tarlonniel

First Post
Kiylea frowns, looking off into the darkness before them. "It seems like we're getting closer - I'd hate to turn back. But if just one of those things could give you such a nasty cut, we don't stand much of a chance against more. Maybe we should go see where that other tunnel leads. Bubbles could walk in front and you could be near the back keeping your... your eyes, or whatever, open to sense whether we were being sneaked up on."

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
It looks bad down there. Erm Im goint to side with Kiylea. I think we should still make sure we have a way out before going too far down. I would hate to try and climb that chimney while we were being attacked.
Eddie fights hard to keep the quaver from his voice. He lowers the bow to hide the shaking of his hands as the rush of adrenine fades.

Bobitron

Explorer
Bubbles stays quiet during the conversation, her face a grim mask. Her eyes flash with anger as she considers Alton's wounds. "Can somone look at Alton?"

Remove ads