• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Halfling Quest - Rooting Around

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
As the group turns and marches back for the orginal tunnel, Eddies mind drifts off into the past..
"Remember last year when that glowing dog ran throught the center of the Wintertide celebrataion? it glowed like the the full moon! Im pretty sure that Perry and my brother Harrow were responsible, but how did they get it so bright? I bet they got something from either Clara or Wellsly Ironspoke but I dont know what. Does anyone know?"

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
The six of you turn about, making your way cautiously away from the descending spiral which the vicious attacker fled down. For Alton the journey is made all the more uncomfortable by the searing pain in his side as his armor jostles from the movement, thankfully the dressing will hopefully stem any quick infection although he should wash the wound soon.

You return to the original junction where you had split off originally, the larger passage more comforting to your cautious manuevering.

OOC: Do you continue further down the original passage?

Boddynock

First Post
"What time do you think it is?"

Alton is finding it difficult to maintain his concentration - the pain from his wound is a continual distraction, and his armor feels so heavy.

"We need to go further, and check out this other corridor - but I'm going to have to wash and rebind this wound soon. I forgot about it the first time - shock, I suppose - but if it isn't clean, it could become infected ... and I won't be much use if I'm sick. I guess what I'm saying is, I wouldn't mind setting up camp early today."

He smiles weakly - not that anybody can really see, at the back of the party.

Bobitron

Explorer
Bubbles looks a bit cranky at the thought of stopping, but Alton's expression brings concern welling up in her face. "You're right. We can't risk that wound getting any worse." She stands facing the direction they came, her swords still drawn. "I'll take first watch."

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Oh common guys, just a little further? If this leads out I would feel better about resting topside then down here. If it doesn't then we can stop.

Boddynock

First Post
"Well, I don't have to stop right now." Alton is embarrassed that he's caused a fuss. "Just ... in a while."

OOC:
I can spot a DM hint with the best of them!

Tarlonniel

First Post
"Yes, let's keep going. And if we can't find another way out, I think we should go back up. Spend the night outside. We'd barely have any lamp oil left in the morning if we stayed down here.... we wouldn't even know when morning was! And those things could attack us easily." Kiylea glances around uncomfortably at the darkness.

Bobitron

Explorer
Bubbles seems relieved they aren't stopping. "Okay, Alton! Are you ready to go? Stay up front with me, Kiylea. Alton, watch our backs."

Ferrix

Explorer
Although you can't really imagine how long you've spent down here, it seems at once both a brief but protracted amount of time. The six of you press onward along this main tunnel, in a way hoping for some relief from the pressing darkness beyond the lamplight.

But it doesn't come, for some indeterminate length of time you walk on in the darkness, perhaps ten minutes perhaps half an hour. And there at the edge of the vision flickers what could only be the tell-tale signs of fatigue wearing upon your minds, but it is there for each of you. A haze of blue and purple sifting in through the darkness ahead.

You stumble forward, almost hurridly, out of the tunnel, onto a ledge of flagstone overlooking a broad cavern. Patches of bioluminescent fungi clinging to stalactites and stalagmites limn hazy shadows amongst their blue and purple glow. Even stranger still are strange oxen-like creatures which lumber between the stalagmites and columns, grazing upon lichen and other fungus. Although they seem to particularly avoid any glowing fungi.

The ledge is manufactured, extending perhaps fifteen feet to either side and fifteen feet from the mouth of the tunnel to where it ends, dropping off into the cavern.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads