• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Halfling Quest - Rooting Around

Ferrix

Explorer
Evilhalfling said:
Eddie will go take a look at the wench, does it look like its in working condition?

The winch system seems fully functional, although it can only be operated from up on the ledge.

Boddynock

First Post
Alton looks around, then slings his pack quietly onto the ledge.

"Well, if we're going to rest here, I would suggest that we settle in and have something to eat. Cold rations, I think - we don't want to risk a fire being seen. Two sentries at a time - we need to keep an eye on the passageway we came down as well as this cavern. Hmm - I'm not sure how we measure the passage of time underground. Any ideas? Three hours per watch should be fine."

"Ringly, do you have any special requirements for ... er ... doing your magic? When would it suit you to take watch?"

"Since there are seven of us, one of us could rest the night through. Does anybody mind if I don't take a watch tonight? Adequate rest should help my wounds heal. If possible, I'd like to keep Father Alton's poultice until we really need it."

Alton finishes this long speech and momentarily looks embarassed. Then he give a slight shrug, and listens to people's replies. He's starting to get the hang of addressing the practical issues without feeling self-conscious about it.

Assuming that the others are in agreement about stopping here, he will start to remove his armour and enlist Kiylea's aid in removing and replacing the bandage, making sure he washes the wound carefully with water from his water bottle.

Bobitron

Explorer
Bubbles listens to Alton's thoughts carefully. He's become the leader I knew he could be, she thinks. "Sounds like a good plan. I dunno about the timing, though. It'd be easier if we had a fire. You're sure we can't risk one?"

Boddynock

First Post
Bobitron said:
"Sounds like a good plan. I dunno about the timing, though. It'd be easier if we had a fire. You're sure we can't risk one?"
"A fire would announce our presence to anyone - or anything - which is down here. I don't think it would be a good idea to take that risk until we have a better idea of just what's in the immediate vicinity. Don't forget, it's not just the light but the smell of smoke - which would be a dead giveaway down here."

G

Guest 11456

Jerran

Boddynock said:
"Since there are seven of us..."

Jerran counts everyone three times before addressing his companion.

"Alton? You OK. There are only six of us. Perhaps you are seeing double. But which one of us? Or perhaps you are referring to the fact that 'I' am worth two of you. Now I know that you think really highly of me. But I'm just a regular guy you see."

Tarlonniel

First Post
Kiylea shrugs as she goes about helping Alton attend to his wound. "I can't see any way of keeping time. Maybe if we lit those torches, but I think you're right that fire would be a bad idea. Anyway we might need 'em later if our lamps run low."

Boddynock

First Post
Tailspinner said:
Jerran counts everyone three times before addressing his companion.

"Alton? You OK. There are only six of us. Perhaps you are seeing double. But which one of us? Or perhaps you are referring to the fact that 'I' am worth two of you. Now I know that you think really highly of me. But I'm just a regular guy you see."
Alton's eyes widen in disbelief as he takes in the truth of Jerran's comment. He shakes his head and mutters, "I must be groggier than I thought."

Then he grins at Jerran and says, "Of course, it must be that you loom large in our company. And since you are worth two of me, does that mean you're going to stand a double watch?"

He chuckles again, and says, "OK, in that case, bags first watch!"

G

Guest 11456

Jerran

As Alton has quickly caught him in his jest, Jerran stutters his answer.

"O..O..Of c..c..co..course. I'll take first watch alone. Seeing as you are in no shape to stand guard. You're probably used to sleeping a long time any way. We all know you could use your beauty sleep."

He turns and winks at Bubbles.

'I wish I was home in my bed just about now.'

Bobitron

Explorer
Tailspinner said:
'I wish I was home in my bed just about now.'

"But then you would be all alone!" Bubbles says with wide, innocent eyes, just a hint of mockery creeping into her voice.

"I'll help with your watch, Jerran." She finally sheaths her swords, stretching her shoulders before looking around for a point to take watch. "It'll be a long while before I can sleep, anyhow."

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
mmm, sleep. you can wake me up when you get tired 'kay?
with a big yawn Eddie will start spreading out blankets. Nodding at the little platform. That can take us down to the floor, when we are ready.

Remove ads