• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Halfling Quest - Rooting Around

Boddynock

First Post
OOC:
Hmm, I think there might be a little cultural confusion here. "Bags" first watch means to lay claim to it. In other words, Alton got in first with a claim to the easy watch period.

"Ah, no, as you rightly pointed out, there are six of us, which is two per watch. And even if I can't count, I can still keep my eyes open for an hour or so longer. So I don't mind who stands first watch with me - but I will be pulling my weight here."

G

Guest 11456

Jerran

"Uh! OK. Alton, you and Bubbles can take first watch. I'll take last watch then."

Ferrix

Explorer
With the order of watch sorted out the six of you plan for a cold dinner and a long night, although you couldn't tell if it were night or day down here anyways. The hazy glow from the luminescent fungi creates an odd mood, as if you were sleeping outdoors on a moonlit night, yet the looming darkness overhead is far from the comforting constellations of the nightsky.

Each watch passes tolerably, although the occasional sounds from the creatures farther along in the cavern causes each of you to jump at least once or twice. Sleep is light and troubled for those who manage it, although Alton is for once the exception, sleeping heavily as his body recovers from the shock. Most of you haven't slept away from home in a long time, at least without an older person to give you some comfort as to your safety, your safety is in the hands of your peers down here.

After an indeterminate yet suitable time on watch, Ringly and Jerran rouse their companions from their slumber. Alton with Kiylea's help examines the wound in his side, which looks relatively better than yesterday, they rebandage it and the grumbling of Eddie's stomach is the tell-tale sign for breakfast.

OOC: Ringly, let me know what spells you are preparing. Anyone who has taken damage heals the appropriate 1 damage from a night's rest. Plans for the "day"?

G

Guest 11456

Jerran

Jerran stretches.

"I wonder if we could grab some of that glowing stuff and wrap it around a stick or something. It might help us conserve our dwindling light sources. I wonder how long it would last..."

Tarlonniel

First Post
"Not terribly long, I'd think," Kiylea replies with a yawn. "But it's still a good idea. We might as well try it if we can." She reaches out some rations from her pack and begins breakfast. "Should a few of us maybe climb down there and have a look around?"

Boddynock

First Post
"Would you climb down, or use the platform? It could be noisy, I guess - can anybody tell if it would be or not?"

"I think we should go down and search around - if there's any traffic through here, we're too exposed. I'm going to search for evil once I get down there."

"By the way, how much food does everybody have? I've got enough left for four days."

Tarlonniel

First Post
"I have enough for today and tomorrow. After that..." the little ranger shrugs. "But we won't be down here that long, will we? Our lamps won't last for one thing." She gets up and wanders over to see the winch for herself. "Hmmm. Sure looks noisy to me. I'd rather use the ladder."

Boddynock

First Post
OOC:
Whoops, missed the reference to the ladder. I thought you were suggesting scaling the wall! Bad memories of the last time we tried that! :eek:

Ferrix

Explorer
With a bit of examination Ringly determines that the platform seems quite functional and stable, although it would most likely create some noise when operated, but most likely not incredibly loud, just the slight shifting of gears, pulleys and ropes..

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Eddie stretches - and smiles, camping out with a warm pile of friends is a lot better than sleeping alone under a bush. He smoothes his scraggled hair and puts on some of this studded armor, stringing his bow and testing its pull. He will offer to help with others armor as well.

Im, uh kinda out of food. But maybe there are some morells or sweet puffballs growing in the cavern. Ill check if there is anything eddible when we get down there. The ladder would be the quietest way down.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads