• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Halfling Quest - Rooting Around

Bobitron

Explorer
Bubbles concentrates on getting every one's gear together, making certain nothing is left behind. "I'm out of food as well." She rubs her stomach. "Best we get moving, I think."

Boddynock

First Post
Bobitron said:
"I'm out of food as well." She rubs her stomach. "Best we get moving, I think."
"Well, wait a minute - just how much do we have in the way of rations? Between us, Kiylea and I have enough rations for six days - or one day for the six of us. What about you, Ringly? Jerran? Once we know that, we'll know just how long we can afford to stay down here."

"One other question, I guess, is whether we could live off the land? Kiylea? What do you think?"

Tarlonniel

First Post
Kiylea tilts her head at Alton for a moment, puzzled. "Do you mean down here or up there? Here it looks pretty impossible. I'm not sure we should try eating that moss stuff. There - well, I couldn't gather enough food for all of us. Not by myself. And it would take quite a bit of time." She glances down at the herd below. "But at least there's water nearby, or should be, for those things."

Boddynock

First Post
Ferrix said:
OOC: What have you decided to do? I'd like to move along.
"Well, let's climb down and look around. Once Jerran and Ringly have checked their packs, we can work out how long we can afford to stay down here, but we have at least a day up our sleeves. Let's eat and then go!" Matching actions to words, Alton digs out a pack of food and shares it around, then packs up briskly, puts on his armour again and moves off.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Eddie will cover the first people down the ladder with his bow, watching the beasts for hositlity before sliding down himself. He will poke about to see if any of the fungus would be good (or at least fun) to eat. (OOC: survival +3)

Tarlonniel

First Post
"Let me go first - I might be able to deal with those things better if they get upset." Kiylea finishes her meal and moves to the top of the ladder, peering over for a few seconds before starting her descent. Upon reaching 'ground' level she eyes the nearest beast cautiously to see if it displays any unease at her presence.

Bobitron

Explorer
Bubbles stays put until she is called for, ready to leap down onto the back of a cave ox if the beasts attack. She draws her swords with a slow, deliberate motion. "Be careful, Kiylea. I can't lose you."

G

Guest 11456

Jerran

"I do not have any food with me. Anybody see a tavern while we've been down here?"

Remove ads