• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Halfling Quest - Rooting Around

G

Guest 11456

Jerran

"At this point I would take any ale I could get." His mouth starts to water. "And steak..." He shutters. "How long do we have to stay down here anyway? Don't we need to return to town for more suppies? A well supplied adventurer is a happy adventurer, I always say." Well from now on I'll always say it, at least.

Ferrix

Explorer
With the rest of the party on high alert for the potential danger of the oxen creatures, Kiylea clambers down the ladder, a far easier climb than the chute they had to navigate the day before. Most of the oxen creatures keep their distance, shying away from the halfling without even lifting their heads from grazing. Their unease seems little more than a natural predilection to be left alone at the moment. The closest one is probably thirty feet away.

The cavern floor is unworked except around the area where the platform would lower down to, there it is leveled and raised slightly.

Eddie in his scrubbing scratches something green and fuzzy off of the rockface and gives it a whiff, smells like... dirt. Perhaps it's edible.

Tarlonniel

First Post
"It's all right," Kiylea calls up softly. "Everyone can come down." While waiting for the others to arrive, she scans the cavern from this new vantage point, trying to discern any kind of exit.

OoC: Spot +4 (taking 10 or 20, if possible)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Eddie will give the substance and experimental lick - *Hwwk Pthuu* "Nope thats just dirt, I should leave the nature stuff to Kiylea" he blushes and looks around in embaressment to see if anyone caught him.

He will take another look at the ox things "Well they don't look tainted. " and moving over to Kiylea "it was brave of you to go first, I had almost forgotten about the taint. " he smiles in relief. Eddie will stay with the group, and crane his head around the cavern for exits or water.

Ferrix

Explorer
From the floor level of the cavern it's actually harder to discern your surroundings than from above as the floor skews up and down throughout, it's uneven surface additional broken by stalagmites rising up from the floor. Perhaps if you ascended to one of the higher points on the floor closer to the center then you might be able to locate an exit, although the odd light from the fungus doesn't illuminate incredibly well.

Alton's supernatural senses do not detect any sort of evil taint.

Tarlonniel

First Post
Kiylea smiles at Eddie and shrugs. "It wasn't really very brave. They look like normal critters; that pig didn't." She grimaces a bit at the memory. "If they were tainted I would've noticed, I think. But they must get water from somewhere... C'mon, let's go climb up that rock in the middle and look around!"

Boddynock

First Post
"You lead, Kiylea. I'll bring up the rear."

Alton is clearly less comfortable in this portion of the Lady's creation than in the forests and fields aboveground!

Ferrix

Explorer
Where We Last Left Our Heroes

Ducked behind a shield of stalagmites, Kiylea has warned her companions of something on the cave wall to the right of the supposed tunnel, about thirty feet away. Purportedly something with eyes and something metal, about ten or fifteen feet off of the floor.

Alton's divine sense has revealed nothing out of the ordinary in that direction, although the dense rock may be obscuring the Lady's Sight.

The supposed tunnel entrance is about forty-five feet away, although the odd fungi-luminescence leaves much to be revealed at this distance.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads