[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage meets the grizzled dwarf with a penetrating gaze. "Thank you kindly, sir. That is most helpful. Would you care to join us for a drink?"

The casual gesture towards the remaining barrell, which is beside her, is accompanied with a shrug. She is grateful, and will happily buy the dwarf a pitcher or two for the evening's company.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The Dwarf gives a wide, yellow-thoothed smile at your offer, and for the first time you notice the deep scars covering his face underneath the mats of his hair and beard. "Dun mind if I do," he says as he takes the last seat. "An fer yer generosity, I'll tell ye a story. About them Thokkari Hills, ye see. I been there 'afore." The man seems to go off in his own world as he tells his story, oblivious to everything else around him.

"'Bout three years ago a nest o' formians settled in ter them hills. They was intent on colonizing the whole damn place, but we fought 'em. Fought 'em good, too. But they was tough, and we lost plenty." The old dwarf runs a finger along a scar on his face as he continues. "But we beat 'em in th' end. Killed the whole damn lot of 'em. We gathered up our dead and brought 'em all home. Well, all but one; never could find her. Reckon she's still out there somewhere, Moradin bless her soul. But we come home and had a celebration o' life like you ain't never seen. Ain't been that much ale flowing 'round here since neither. If Hehranna coulda see'd it, she'da been some kinda proud. There be a grand celebration o' that one's life, if whatever's left of her ever finds her way home.

"But them hills, they leave a bad taste in yer mouth now. Fellas done lost too many kinfolk there, don't wanna go back. I done told ya we send a patrol down in there every now and again, but fer the most part them hills haven't been touched since that battle, 'cept for the occasional caravan that don't no bothers in the city. And I reckon that's what's happened to yer man. No tellin' what's holed up down in there now after all this time."

He appears to wake up out of his self-induced trance and raises his mug to you. "Good luck to ye if ye go. Be careful, and stay on yer toes. It was a dangerous area once, an' likely is again." He downs his ale in one giant swig and sets the mug down heavily on the table. "Good stuff," he says cheerfully as he wipes his mouth with the back of his filthy hand.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Your story is moving master dwarf. The events of our journey have if nothing else stirred many emotions in me. I think, so long as it doesn't interfere with our business, we would do well to try to ascertain the fate of your sister-in-arms. You might think me a fool to say it, but she may have found a way to survive these years, but holding out hope against formibable odds is something we Olidammarans are known for.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Eva of Sirrion said:
Your story is moving master dwarf. The events of our journey have if nothing else stirred many emotions in me. I think, so long as it doesn't interfere with our business, we would do well to try to ascertain the fate of your sister-in-arms. You might think me a fool to say it, but she may have found a way to survive these years, but holding out hope against formibable odds is something we Olidammarans are known for.

"If ye find her, no matter in what condition, and bring'r back to us, I can promise ye that more'n one mug'll be raised in yer honor. But I reckon that lost patrol has more of a chance o' bein' found in one piece than ol' Hehranna. I guess they're lost anyway. Shoulda been back by now. Mighta gone off pannin' fer gold fer all I know. Plenty of it out there, ye know. Dorlenn and Iskilar be their names. If ye run across 'em, tell 'em their families are waitin' fer em."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"That we shall do." says Courtage, as she reaches for another pint for the Dwarf and herself.

Courage listens to his speeches, and remains attentive, asking questions about small details. Later in the evening, she turns the conversation to the weapons behind the bar. "Are those weapons for sale, do you know?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Kobold Stew said:
Later in the evening, she turns the conversation to the weapons behind the bar. "Are those weapons for sale, do you know?"

"Oh, they be fer sale all right. Cost ye a bit, but worth it. Some rare precious metals some of those things 'r made out of."

Some of the more costly items are made from adamantine and mithral, while others are typical items of dwarven superiority (everything is masterwork). While there are a few swords, the focus is obviously on hammers and axes, the dwarves' typical weapons of choice.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Eva of Sirrion said:
Have any crossbow bolts? Jonas queries.

"Actually," Rhanett says as she opens a locked case behind the bar. "Yes, we do." She pulls out a polished silver case and sets it gently on the counter. Jonas can see his reflection in the lid as she opens it, revealing 20 shiny crossbow bolts, each fitted snugly into the soft blue velvet lining. There are ten secured into the lid, and ten more in the bottom, so that they fold up on top of each other when the case is closed.

Jonas stares at the case and the bolts in awe. He can hardly believe that such a work of art could ever be considered a weapon.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Phenomenal craftsmanship! You see Miss Bloodstone, there are crossbow-bolts, and then there are finely-honed shafts that strike true to an opponent's heart, and these are in the latter category. How much?

industrygothica

Adventurer
Eva of Sirrion said:
Phenomenal craftsmanship! You see Miss Bloodstone, there are crossbow-bolts, and then there are finely-honed shafts that strike true to an opponent's heart, and these are in the latter category. How much?

130 gp

ooc: These are basically just masterwork bolts, adding a +1 enhancement bonus to attacks when using them. But they sure are pretty! ;)

Remove ads