IC - Mad King's Monkey II

doghead

thotd
The morning after their day of rest, Bayar, Jan and Libros are summoned once again to see the Steward. Once again, he takes them through to the Chancellor's study to meet the Chancellor himself.

The Chancellor is is at his desk. Before him are three letters, each one with a different name written on the front, and a leather scroll case.

"I hope that you have recovered from you recent endeavours," he begins without preamble. The Chancellor is not a man to beat around the bush in your experience. "For I have another task for you. Again you will be travelling, but this time a little further afield.

"Firstly you are to take this scroll case and deliver it along with this letter to Herr Borne in the capitol. The Steward of the Baron's house in the capitol will be able to provide you with directions once you get there.

"Once you have completed that task, you are to proceed to Gate Pass City in the land of Russ. There you will seek out Master Peppin Tallman. This letter will provide you with an introduction. Master Tallman is a member of the Lyceum, and should be able to provide you with a letter of introduction to the Master of the Lyceum, which is located in the south of Russ. It is to the Master of the Lyceum, a Master called Simeon Gohanach, that you are to deliver this third letter.

The Chancellor pauses for a moment, leaning back in his chair and staring into the fire.

"You have not been in my service for long. However, I was impressed with how you handled the last task I gave you. You showed initiative in agreeing to help Herr Henri, as well as some courage and ability in succeeding. If I wanted simple messengers, I could hire them by the dozen. The Baron wanted to send his own men on this task. We discussed the matter at length yesterday. I convinced him that having started this, it would be better that you go instead. Your first hand experience of events so far may come in useful. That said, the Baron will likely be having a couple of his own people join you.

"You will depart as soon as you are ready. Herr Steward will see to ensuring that you have appropriate supplies for the journey. Are there any questions?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Sir, are there any known threats we should be made aware of? Perhaps, political factions that might be about to thwart our mission?"

Axel

First Post
Bayar stood, struggling to think through the post alcoholic fug. There be something he not saying. I not be sure.... Almost like the spark from a flint, something penetrated the haze.

"Herr Chancellor, you be expecting something returned from Master Gohamach? This be many men and swords for three letters,"

ghostcat

First Post
Libros is only half paying attention as the others quiz the chancellor. He is trying workout if any of the proposed route goes through the Netherworld. Libros has read a lot about it, never actually been in it but would love to go through it.

OOC: Take 20 Knowledge (Netherworld) (+9) = 29

doghead

thotd
Day one, mid morning, in the Chancellor's study.

Before the Chancellor can respond to any of the questions, there is a knock at the door. The Steward opens it and, after checking to see who is there, steps aside to allow Eban and three others to enter.

"Some of you may already be acquainted. But for those that have not, this is Rufus Greegory, Li Thuan (it sounds like 'Lee Tuhn'), and Ullara Halx," says the Steward of the three with Eban. Then of the three already in the room he adds, "And this Jan Maatson, Bayar, and Libros. Eban," he adds, indicating the one who came in with the recent arivals, "you have already met."

"You will be travelling together," adds the Chancellor to the seven now standing before him.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Day one, mid morning, in the Chancellor's study.

Before the Chancellor can respond to any of the questions, there is a knock at the door. The Steward opens it and, after checking to see who is there, steps aside to allow Eban and three others to enter.

"Some of you may already be acquainted. But for those that have not, this is Rufus Greegory, Li Thuan (it sounds like 'Lee Tuhn'), and Ullara Halx," says the Steward of the three with Eban. Then of the three already in the room he adds, "And this Jan Maatson, Bayar, and Libros. Eban," he adds, indicating the one who came in with the recent arrivals, "you have already met."

"You will be traveling together," adds the Chancellor to the seven now standing before him.

"Pleasure and an honor. Eban,"Jan smile warmly and guinuinlly, "I was wondering where you went. For the sake of expedience, Chancellor, are these four already up to speed on the task at hand?"

*ooc: a few spelling errors corrected :D *

G

Guest 11456

Li Thuan, male human monk

Li Thuan bows to the others. "Pleased to meet! I Li Thuan." He steps back awkwardly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads