D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Orcaheart was outraged by Alhana's refusal to eat the fish and he said terrible things about elves. Loklafd softened his translations of the angry ice-hunter's words in an attempt to keep the peace, but Alhana could tell that the village champion meant to challenge her to a fight. Then Kalorn and Lorenn intervened, making excuses and further explanations, so Chief Barking Seal accepted their words and ordered Orcaheart to be calm. The champion fumed as he ate his own meal and glared at the guests.

The chief ordered drink to be brought to them, and it was clear that the bone-carved decanter would only be served to the guests and not the villagers. It was likely a back-up for the fish.

"The chief says that he has heard much of how elves drink wine, even if they do not eat fish." translated Loklafd.

Whatever alcohol was in the decanter, no elf would ever call it 'wine', even if they did not expect it to be poisoned.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
As soon as the decanter was placed upon the table Mord reached out as if to accept the offering muttering something that might have been an offering of thanks. But suddenly it toppled over on it's own and spilled it's contents across the table.

Mord stood up suddenly and backed away from the table to avoid having his fine robes stained by contact with the liquid. He looked accusingly at the server who had obviously misplaced their charge.

"A shame, I should have liked a taste of such a local brew..."

OOC: Deception: [roll0]
Mage Hand ftw?

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
OOC: CoyoteCode's Dice Roller seems to be broken at the moment so I will use the embedded roller instead.

Sesto eating poisoned fish; Con save with advantage [roll0] + [roll1] or [roll2] + [roll3]

Remember that everyone has Bless cast on them.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
OOC: Sesto performing prayer to bless food (if appropriate) [roll0]
Sesto using deception to cast spell during prayer (if appropriate) [roll1]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The chief was annoyed by the wine being spilled and he threatened to have the server (one of his sons) beaten. But he appeared to be out of ways to poison his guests, and he sat down and exchanged nervous glances with his wife (who did not want her son to be beaten over some doomed foreigners). The evening wore on, and eventually, Bonecarver suggested that she would take the group to their hut where they could rest and have an early start to return to their ship.

Outside, the bitter cold blew across the plateau and an icy mist obscured the stars. Even so, many villagers gathered to catch sight of the strangers. Bonecarver said softly as she showed them to the sealskin door of their hut, "Orcaheart has plan to attack as soon as he think you well asleep. You must come to my place when village returns to home."

The hut was warm on the inside, with a small fire in its centre and furs laid on the ground around it.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord nodded to the woman, smiling his thanks at her warning. "We shall do as you say. I trust you have a way to avoid retribution for helping us?"

Fradak

Explorer
Arriving to their hut, Lorenn sends Eko on the rooftop to watch the perimeter.

"There is a large network of caves down there. And another entry shaft in the shaman's hut. When the time comes, I'll cover our tracks in the snow."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn thought that things went as well as they could have, but it wasn't over yet.

"Ah, a shaft in the shaman 's hut? Our way out, or how she will betray us. I wonder if that champion knows any of our language, I have an idea should he show up..."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The group waited until the village had turned in, and then used the cover of darkness (and the night mists) to traverse the space between the guest hut and the Shaman's hut. It was bitter cold, and sound carried across the quiet peninsula. Orcaheart could be heard from inside the town hall, giving instructions to the men he had gathered for the planned attack.

The shaman's hut was surrounded in large whale-bones, carved with totems of animals and spirits and decorated with pelts, shells, and smaller bone and ice carvings. She was at the door, beckoning them to hurry inside.

OOC: I'll take a group stealth check... You can roll a different skill than stealth if you can find a way to justify how it would help you to sneak across from hut to hut. If four out of six of you make a dc13, you will avoid catching anyone's attention. This will also help me to make sure everyone is still here after all our holiday delays...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn's lip curled. Stealth was *not* his strength, but it was needed. Better put all his chances on his side.

He got near Sesto, who was also wearing heavy armor. "Do you have a silence spell? Because I can turn the two of us invisible..."

OOC: If Sesto *does* have silence, Kalorn will turn both of them invisible. With the silence spell covering them, I think they can basically auto-stealth by being careful. If Sesto does *not* have silence:

Kalorn frowned - "I'm not going to tell you how to do your job but... it's a nice one to have. Anyway, I'll try to create a distraction". He then sent Sooty out to create a small distraction to cover the clinks of their armor.

Deception check [roll0]

Remove ads