D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"We really ought to destroy the undead," said Titus, who, in spite of his attempts to stay humble, had been born a noble and was used to having people agree with him, "But I don't think that we need to be in a hurry about it. They seem content to wait for us. Let's check out, if not these tunnel going north, at least the crypts to the east, first. Shall we? We'd be terribly cramped if we all piled into Tommi's tunnel. Maybe there's a better way to get to that shrine."

"I'm saying the undead can be last. Undead aren't planning anything. They're just nuisances," Escella says. "Very deadly nuisances. If there are shadows hiding among the obvious undead, that fight can turn deadly very quickly. Save it for last, after we are sure there's nothing left and we are can rest and be at full strength before going in. If we start with the undead, the living threats could attack while we recover from the fight with the undead."

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
I don't like the hyena people and I certainly don't like undead creatures. Lionel involuntarily shuddered briefly at the thought of undead. We should clear them out before we leave but we can check out the other places first. I don't think they will start to follow us, if they haven't already done so.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lunn fidgets with his axe, this discussion is taking too long. "Other places are fine to check. We just have to keep in mind if we have to retreat there are other threats here so no one ends up stuck in those tunnels. Titus, lead the way. I'm going forward this time, elf, guard the rear."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Titus nodded and shone his lantern upstream to where the tunnel split. The water flowed from two different tunnels and combined into one before pouring into the room with the large brick basin.

"Should we split into two groups, or go left or right?" he asked Lunn as the big half-orc shouldered past him, squashed uncomfortably tight in the confined tunnel. It would be crowded enough with everyone in the tunnels that splitting up didn't seem unreasonable, and there appeared to be drier caverns ahead that, judging from reflections of Titus' lantern, probably connected either way.

Let's try to move through this relatively quickly. Here's a bigger map, some of which you will only discover as you go, but I don't feel the need to be discreet about.[/ooc]
1701277974157.png

"No, we shouldn't split our forces. Ever," Escella says. "We are in the middle of nowhere with no backup. Why would we split into two weaker groups? That said, left. Because, why not?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi is pleased he stayed quiet while Escella tried to convince them to leave the undead.

"Left it is!" he says, and leads the way. "Glad everyone wants to come."

Remove ads