D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

hafrogman

Adventurer
Yttrian shakes his head. "They have had their chance to be honest with us. They have had their chance to not threaten the non-combatants." He looks down the path in the direction the dwarf went. "There is no time left to decide. If you insist on speaking to them, we risk any tactical advantage we could gain. Even if you think you can talk them down ... how could we trust them to treat honestly? I leave it to you. Speak or walk, but no more waiting."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"It was not my suggestion to assume good faith on their part," Icosa says mildly. "Merely to demonstrate to them that their plan is inoperable. I predict this will force them to decide on a new course of action under unfavorable time pressure, leading either to hostilities or to an increased willingness on their part to negotiate peacefully to resolve the impasse. However, I will not enact this idea without consensus. If our decision as a group is to proceed with the initial plan, I will participate with full enthusiasm."

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

"I fear that at this point it would be unwise change our plan. I like your idea, but think we are out of time for it."

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

[If no one moves up to the group, this is what follows. If anyone decides a last-minute action, we’ll edit it on the next post. Note that Dvalin’s departure is impending, and prolonged inaction will make it irreversible! At certain points I might put some pressure at your decisions. I will inform you just like I did, and I’ll wait till the end of the day – or any other period of time we consider appropriate at the occasion. But, once it’s over, I’ll have the events following their course! Just to spice things up a bit. ;)]

Dvalin moves towards the path, following back towards the path that brought everyone here. The others, still aware of the heroes’ presence, begin to spread around, their weapons still within reach, pretending to focus on tasks left undone by Atir. Everyone realizes that they still maintain a semblance of formation, though, with the sand fleas up front and the elves at the back. Should anything happen, they might not be taken by surprise.

Still, there is something peculiar about Aspen’s behavior. She seems more focused to remain close to bunches of trees, and as she watches her adversaries she also studies the area. Oddly enough, she decides to gather sticks to kindle a fire, something already done by Atir, as the observant party can see. Kethra particularly understands such manners. Her moves signal someone ready to vanish from sight at first opportunity. The woman has seen this too many times before, back in the streets of Wallis.

@hafrogman @Greenmtn @industrygothica @Charwoman Gene @JustinCase @Shayuri

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Oh, this is going nowhere," Lyllie says, obviously frustrated. She discreetly flicks her wrist and mumbles something under her breath. Near to Dvalin's horse (as close as she can get it), a loud crack! cuts through the tension in the air. After a few seconds, the noise repeats.

OOC: Lylllie cast minor illusion to create a loud noise to hopefully spook the horse and stop Dvalin in his tracks... or maybe even throw him from the horse.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Kethra doesn't have to look hard for a sign. As the dwarf struggles to keep his horse under control, the sand fleas pull their swords! Eilúvit gestures and mumbles to herself as an incantation begins to emerge from her, and Aspen jumps on her feet, her hands full of gods-know-what...

[It's on! Give me a roll for initiative! For combat purposes, the Fairwalkers will be treated as monsters - I'll post the basic combat sheet for them as follows, so you guys can visualize roll results easier.]

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa turns to look at the noise and realizes that for some reason, provocation has taken place. He resolves to inquire what precisely had happened, should he survive the encounter. He lifts his left arm, and plates extend from it in a succession of overlapping metal until they describe a disc, like a shield.

From his right arm a blue light scythes out to form something like a radiant blue blade poking out about four feet from over his right hand.

Init [roll0] or [roll1] w/advantage.
AC 19

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"They dare?" Aanzu mutters, drawing his mighty sword while turning around to scan the situation.

OOC: Initiative: [roll0]

Remove ads