D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: Things being what they are, would Lyllie understand enough about these creatures to know their resistances or vulnerabilities? If you need a roll for that, please go ahead and roll for me to save time.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
As the spirit reforms above Thulwar, it is immediately intercepted by big metallic claws that rend even its incorporeal nature. Thulwar steps under the protection of his metallic beast and throws one of his bottles. But between the mists and disturbing effects of being possessed it crashes onto the tiles beyond the apparition, sizzling as it eats away the floor.
"May Crystallo take you fallen one, you're disgrace to your faith!"

[sblock=Actions]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[/sblock]

OOC: Crystallo is neutral god of positive earth (crystal) quasi-plane, pretender to the throne of Grumbar, god of earth, ruler of earth elementals. And fitting for the tinker of the race fascinated with gems :)

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
Things being what they are, would Lyllie understand enough about these creatures to know their resistances or vulnerabilities? If you need a roll for that, please go ahead and roll for me to save time.

[I'm assuming some things would come naturally to each of the characters. Mechanical knowledge would be second skin to Thulwar, as political know-how is to Harfik; desert culture comes as a perk for Aanzu as knowledge of death come for Lyllie. You can assume you know what are their weak points; some stuff might be slightly different than what she'd assume, though. After all, this is a changed, mutated world. But I'll warn you if such is the case. For now, just presume she knows it, no need for further testing.]

THULWAR

As the spirit reforms above Thulwar, it is immediately intercepted by big metallic claws that rend even its incorporeal nature. Thulwar steps under the protection of his metallic beast and throws one of his bottles. But between the mists and disturbing effects of being possessed it crashes onto the tiles beyond the apparition, sizzling as it eats away the floor.
"May Crystallo take you fallen one, you're disgrace to your faith!"

The creature hisses, clearly intent on fleeing from the premises. It does not fight back, searching for a way out, instead, the blade strongly pressed within its grasp as it regains consciousness.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa retargets the spirit near Thulwar and the cannon on his shoulder bucks slightly as it discharges a pair of bright blue-white bolts of light!

Eldritch blast: 1d20+8 21 1d20+8 14 1d10 4 1d10 3

Archon Basileus

First Post
ICOSA

The thunderous bolts cross the hall, reaching for the creature as it cries in agony! Soon after, it convulses, reaching for the mists as it tries to vanish from sight!

EVERYONE

[ROUND'S END

- Harfik and Aanzu are out of sight, hunting the archers - still out of reach (preserve the rolls if you so choose, for the time when you find them)

- Thulwar and Lyllie are unpossessed and ready

- Icosa is ready for battle

- Yttrian's still frightened

- Miners frightened

- Second ghost vanishes into the mists and beyond the heroes' reach, leaving behind two souls to be fought]

THIRD ROUND

[INITIATIVE ORDER:

[LYLLIE 22
EMBLA 22
AANZU 19
ICOSA 17
GOBLIN 16
YTTRIAN 15
MINERS 13
THULWAR 12
GHOSTS 8
HARFIK 5]

The riotting souls realize their own disadvantage and prepare to flee, as their comrade! Screaming their horrid screams, they stir the fog as if bending it to their will, preparing to fold it around themselves as a protective veil!

Harfik and Aanzu have not yet located the archers, but the steps are closer - and more numerous! As they search, the general direction of their foes is confirmed, as a second wave of arrows comes from the unseen areas of the room! Towards the warriors, four arrows fly, whistling as they go, most of them vanishing into the mists as suddenly as they appeared. Still, one fated missile reaches]Harfik's chest, drawing blood from the monk as he moves forward [7 points of damage - should Harfik reach the archer first, we will adapt the post accordingly.].

Around the others, arrows fly through the room, turning it into a lethal trap! Still, none of them lands a blow. Eight shots covered the area, now, coming from all directions. A hunting party of unknown origins and nature pressures the heroes in favor of the ghosts!

All around, the faint steps become more pronounced, intensifying the feeling that the heroes are slowly being surrounded...
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=8858]hafrogman[/MENTION]

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

Harfik spots the arrow headed for his chest and at the last second spinning and sends it back in the direction it came from. Chasing behind it in hopes of finally finding his foe.

"Die!"

OOC:
Reaction: Deflect Missiles Deflect Missles: 1D10+3+6 = [2]+3+6 = 11
Since reduced damage to 0 I can make a thrown attack with it as part of the reaction (assuming it's small enough I can throw it if not... I just did it for looks ;)
Guessing since I can't see him I have disadvantage Deflect Missiles Attack: 2D20.LOW(1)+6 = [9, 20]+6 = 15

Not sure what to roll for damage so if you want to roll that or keep it secret from me, either is good with me.
If I catch up to the archer this round I'm fine with using the rolls I had before for the sake of time.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aanzu was certain his target was here, but apparently the archer was on the move. The dragonborn keeps pacing the fog, this time in silence, until he can find an opponent.

OOC: Keeping the attack rolls obviously. :)
Stealth to keep the enemy from hearing him: [roll0]
Perception to notice an enemy: [roll1]

Archon Basileus

First Post
HARFIK

The arrow goes back straight to the point it came from. A loud hiss is heard beyond the veil, proving that the projectile reached its target! Silence ensues, and for a second Harfik can't possibly find his way towards his enemy. After a few steps, though, his trained eyes fall to the ground, where a trail of dark-green blood has dripped erratically to a further point into the room. This archer won't be able to hide anymore...

As the monk moves, though, he understands that the bruised enemy is slowly trying to attract him towards a trap. It might be something on the floor, or maybe an ambush in the fog, but he is certain that the creature calculates its steps to allow a swift reaction as it's attacked.

[Harfik still can't see him, but the trail of blood leaves no doubt: he can reach the enemy in another turn, targeting him with melee attacks! Also, I rolled 9 points of damage to you... A six on a six-faced die. :p]

LYLLIE/THULWAR/ICOSA

The gnome stands vigilant, waiting for any possible attacks. Suddenly, the sound of steps becomes closer, far more defined than before. The enemies are closing in, almost as a pack of hyenas. They scavenge, and at some point Lyllie's under the impression that they are running on all fours. Still, they can't be located. Poe and the other crow fly around in a fanfare, as if attempting to protect the necromancer and her companions.

Suddenly, Lyllie devises a silhouette on the mists, approaching slowly, bow in hand. It can't be discerned clearly. Somehow, it was left behind by Aanzu and Harfik, placing itself between the warriors and the companions that stayed behind. Embla looks at the shape, yanking a pike from a desperate miner without concern. Icosa and Thulwar also see the creature, difficult as it is to recognize it beyond the veil. Soon, two more begin to surface from the mists, right by the side of the first one!

AANZU

As the warrior realizes the game played by the archers, he focuses on finding his opponent. His steps rasp slightly against the broken pavement as he dances with his unseen adversary. He can almost feel the thick, leathery soles of the archer's feet tapping against the stone. He's light on his moves, but not nearly enough to trick Aanzu. The prince moves as a serpent rising to attack its prey, but the enemy manages to keep the prince at bay once more. His hearing must be amazing to reach such results! The creature is repositioning itself, and Aanzu can hear two other enemies circling around, as if trying to surround him.

@Shayuri @Neurotic @JustinCase @Greenmtn @industrygothica @hafrogman

industrygothica

Adventurer
Lyllie brings her closed fist up to her mouth and whispers into it, as is she's warming it on a cold morning. She stops after a moment, then, with that same hand, tosses a cloud of sparkling, purple dust into the air. The glowing dust forms an abnormally large cloud as it settles on the objects and enemies in front of her, revealing their locations.

The gnome then steps back into the mist, using it to conceal her own location. Two can play this...

OOC: Cast Faerie Fire, Dex DC 13

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]52[/COLOR]/52
[B]Initiative:[/B] +3
[B]Saves:[/B] INT +7, WIS +5
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 15
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Gnomish, Sylvan, Druidic
[B]Skills:[/B] Arcana +7, Investigation +7, Nature +7, Perception +5
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 8 (-1), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 14 (+2), Int 18 (+4), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 11 (+0)
[B]XP:[/B]14,075 / 23,000

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Yes, [ ] No

[B]Spell Save DC:[/B] 13/15
[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 4, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B] 3, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (4/8) 
[list]
[*]1st Level: 1st Level: Healing Word (D), Entangle (D), Faerie Fire (D), Speak with Animals (D), Ray of Sickness, Color Spray, 
Mage Armor, Witch Bolt, False Life
[*]2nd Level: Blindness/Deafness, Ray of Enfeeblement, Misty Step
[/list](D) Druid Spells modified with Wisdom. All others are Wizard spells modified with Intelligence.

[B]Rituals[/B]
Tenser's Floating Disk, Find Familiar, Identify, Gentle Repose

[URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?558266-THE-CURSE-OF-AMBERSTAR-ROGUE-S-GALLERY&p=7144213&viewfull=1#post7144213"]Full character sheet[/URL]

Remove ads