• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Archon Basileus

First Post
[This is gonna be a long one!]

AANZU/ICOSA

Prince Aanzu's rage is a sight to behold, and the lesser enemies tremble as they see the draconian passing. In his wrath, Aanzu slays all in his path. The goblin he targets is lifted by his strike, falling down in a mess of blood and bones. They are no challenge for Aanzu's strength, and they know it. The others cower against the southern wall, reaching for their slings in a desperate attempt to defend themselves, as an orc advances, sword in hand, determined to show his strength against the raging dragon. Stones flick around as the goblins miss their strikes and the orc cries out war as he rushes against Aanzu. The prince turns, and in his distraction a single pebble strikes his head, opening a cut right under his horn [4 points of damage]. The prince has no time to direct his fury against the small one, since the orc's curved blade descends, trying for Aanzu's neck and missing by a large margin. The prince is now engaged in a pit fight against the warrior as the goblins profit from the opportunity, gathering more stones to attack once more!

As for Icosa, his flight lands him at a vantage point, and his aim is true. The targeted creature is suddenly crossed by light, falling down soon after, twitching as the ambers of its calcinated chest grow cold. The heavy warforged does not find safety, though, as and orc advances at full charge, cursing the machineman to deep hells! The curved sword descends, getting stuck in between Icosa's chest and right arm [7 points of damage], having the orce struggle to pull it of. He does so, but at the expense of his agility [the orc loses dex bonuses next turn].

HARFIK/LYLLIE/KETHRA

[I'll write Kethra off in due time, ok? Leave it to me! ;)]

Harfik's astounding feat startles the ogress even more. The kick throws her off-balance as she reached for her belt, delaying her response for a mere second. It is enough, though, to allow Lyllie's spectral hand to do even more harm, as the ogress gasps for air desperately, bleeding from her back and blackened where the hand bruises her.

Harfik's lance plunges towards the goblin's chest, cutting him through the ribs. The creature screams in pain and, still alive, tries to run away in desperation, allowing a second plunge of the weapon. This time, the goblin is impaled, and Harfik is even forced to shake the creature's corpse loose from his spear.

From the distance, Lyllie sees as the enemies close on her allies. As soon as Harfik assumes his stance once more, four enemies jump against him. Short swords and scimitars try to cut his flesh, his skillful moves avoiding most of the damage. Still, excess takes it's toll, and Harfik is hit on his chest and back during the spins and flips he coordinates to dodge all attacks [3 points of damage, and then 7 more]

As for Lyllie, she watches as Kethra fends off two goblins that jumped on her, only to meet Sardath's turning gaze as she finally reaches for her belt. With a quick move, she attacks Kethra's armor with an empty hand, a confusing move, Lyllie thinks, until she sees the dark truth: the gasping ogress placed some strange, glowing device to Kethra's - now bleeding - shoulder, and as the guardswoman screams in pain, the shambling Sardath tries to escape, struggling with Lyllie's spell. Sardath's voice rises, almost as if it tried to chuckle through the mass in her throat, attacks coming from both Kethra and Harfik as she stumbles forward. Only a cut is added to the already extensive collection of scars and wounds on Sardath's back, but still she limps away, a satisfied look over her shoulder.

As Kethra understands Sardath's deed, she throws herself to the back, struggling to rid herself of the object, but in vain. She leaps over the table and goes west, towards a bonfire. As Kethra passes, enemies run from her, trying to find shelter.

THULWAR/YTTRIAN

Thulwar's words are held with distrust by the slaves, but as the acid breaks the single chain that ties all captured men to the walls and floor, they become more receptive to the small one's presence. Not a moment later, Tink's 'whrring' sounds fill the corridor as the mecha-spider shakes of pieces of flesh and blood from an orc.

"Whoever you are" - a gnome says - "Thank you... They can't reach the vault. we must stop them!" - he seems anguished.

"There are others. They'll come" - a man says, boarding desperation. "They hold Teraphim weaponry... They'll kill us all!" - as he nears a breakdown, the miners by the doors decide to fight! Two of them jump on an orc, rolling on the floor as they try to disarm or hurt the creature! The others man the pikes and run towards the doors, ready to kill anyone in their paths!

On the other side, Ytttrian beats the dust from his armor. As he gathers his senses, enemies leap forward to attempt on his life before he can snap out of his confusion! Their weapons resound against Yttrian's armor, clearly made of stronger material than they first considered.

EVERYONE

Seeing the impending attack, the giantess rises, trying to reach her child, but two orcs stand in the way! She uses her massive strength to bring one of them down, clashing against the female greenskin and sending her down almost immediately.

In the back, towards the eastern halls, horns of warning resound, making the entire cave tremble!

[Ok, let us go for the next actions!]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Getting a good idea of what's about to happen, Lyllie changes her focus. She call on her druidic focus this time, and and a tangle of vines erupts from the ground near Harfik, scratching and clawing at the orcs and goblins within its area, but leaving the dragonborn alone.

OOC: Cast Entangle to effect T15:W18; STR DC 13. Hopefully that will allow Harfik to get away, and slow the baddies down so they might get caught up in whatever blaze of glory Kethra is about to go down in. Lyllie also moves to M31 to hopefully maintain a little bit of cover from that same blaze if it reaches that far.

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]52[/COLOR]/52
[B]Initiative:[/B] +3
[B]Saves:[/B] INT +7, WIS +5
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 15
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Gnomish, Sylvan, Druidic
[B]Skills:[/B] Arcana +7, Investigation +7, Nature +7, Perception +5
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 8 (-1), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 14 (+2), Int 18 (+4), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 11 (+0)
[B]XP:[/B]14,075 / 23,000

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Yes, [ ] No

[B]Spell Save DC:[/B] 13/15
[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 4, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B] 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (4/8) 
[list]
[*]1st Level: 1st Level: Healing Word (D), Entangle (D), Faerie Fire (D), Speak with Animals (D), Ray of Sickness, Color Spray, 
Mage Armor, Witch Bolt, False Life
[*]2nd Level: Blindness/Deafness, Ray of Enfeeblement, Misty Step
[/list](D) Druid Spells modified with Wisdom. All others are Wizard spells modified with Intelligence.

[B]Rituals[/B]
Tenser's Floating Disk, Find Familiar, Identify, Gentle Repose

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Yttrian twists and bends as he deflects the attacks off of his armor plates and tries to take stock of his situation. So much for rushing in to deal with the original issue, for now he must contend with smaller threats. Drawing his sword, he sets about clearing the immediate vicinity so that he can press forward.

OOC: Looks like I have a goblin and an orc? One attack on each.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC:
Prince Aanzu's rage is a sight to behold, and the lesser enemies tremble as they see the draconian passing. In his wrath, Aanzu slays all in his path. The goblin he targets is lifted by his strike, falling down in a mess of blood and bones. They are no challenge for Aanzu's strength, and they know it. The others cower against the southern wall, reaching for their slings in a desperate attempt to defend themselves, as an orc advances, sword in hand, determined to show his strength against the raging dragon. Stones flick around as the goblins miss their strikes and the orc cries out war as he rushes against Aanzu. The prince turns, and in his distraction a single pebble strikes his head, opening a cut right under his horn [4 points of damage]. The prince has no time to direct his fury against the small one, since the orc's curved blade descends, trying for Aanzu's neck and missing by a large margin. The prince is now engaged in a pit fight against the warrior as the goblins profit from the opportunity, gathering more stones to attack once more!

I could not edit the map on my Phone, so I did not move Aanzu like I planned. I see he is currently still at V31, while I was hoping to be at V23. That, however, means the orc cannot reach me.

Shall I assume the orc's attack stopped me midtrack and put me at V31 still?

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa is halted by the damage. The projection holding many of the other orcs and goblins captive flickers precariously for a moment, but then returns steady as Icosa hastily feeds it more power.

His helmeted head turns slowly to gaze balefully at the orc.

"Initiating hostilities. Barrier defense in place; please do not approach."

Two things happened. First, a hazy globe of light lit up around Icosa, encapsulating him completely. The edge of it brushed against the orc, and there was a sizzling crackling noise as his armor and skin smouldered!

Then blades of translucent blue light sluice out from his forearms. Without further warning or admonition, he lays into the orc...slashing with one arm, then following quickly up with a thrust!

[sblock]Concentration: 1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10

Activating Shielding Corona as a bonus action. Icosa has resistance to all damage and does 9 damage to all enemies within 10'. This lasts until the end of his next turn.

Pact blade - corrected: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12
1D20+8 = [11]+8 = 19
1D8+5 = [4]+5 = 9
1D8+5 = [4]+5 = 9
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
@JustinCase, we can place Aanzu at V23, no problem! Nullify the orc's attack and we'll roll from there! :)]

EVERYONE

Lyllie's vines creep between the warriors, bringing the enemies to a halt as they yell to each other in surprise! "WITCHCRAFT!" - they cry, as the vines stop their movement, allowing Harfik to advance unhindered. The rogue goblins at his side are not intimidated, though, and desperately try to bleed the life out of him! Both jump towards Harfik, blades in hand, and as one misses the agile monk, the other manages to plunge the small sword into his arm [2 points of damage].

Meanwhile, Yttrian recovers from his misfortunes, attacking his enemies with precision and efficiency. Both greenskins are slain, falling to their feet with precise, clean cuts dividing skin and spilling blood!

On the eastern side of the hall, Icosa stuns his adversary, bringing him down with a series of fast thrusts! The orc tumbles down, calcinated blood and twisted skin forming a mess at the warforged's feet. The fallen one is soon to be followed by another. Coming from the south, a female greenskin leaps over a goblin's corpse, axe in hand, screaming as she charges! The blade lands heavily on the floor a few inches from Icosa, it's sharpness marking the stone beneath!

KETHRA

Kethra looks over her shoulder. She sees Harfik's struggle, her eyes meeting his'. On her face, the same determination still rests, but a hint of concern remains. She does not falter, though. Turning away, she risks two more steps towards the bonfire, but there is no time. It's the moment between to heartbeats... She is there... She was there... And then, light and noise, deafening noise. And she was gone.

The explosion creates a wave that reaches the furthest areas of the hall. The hall shakes down as Sardath's crazed laughs are muffled by the deafness that follows. The main table explodes, flints and shards rising from it as the two goblins still on it are thrown face down on the floor. The room cracks and moans as the results of the unexpected conflagration spread around!

[Oook, resist checks, everyone, DC 10 - otherwise, explosion deafness! The room trembles with the shock and Kethra is nowhere to be seen! It doesn't look good.... All of it might come down after the explosion... @Charwoman Gene, thanks again for being with us! I hope I made honor to Kethra, even though it's been a short run! See you around!]

[Ok, @
JustinCase, you can post Aanzu's action if you so choose! I'll begin the new round after that!]

@JustinCase @Neurotic @Shayuri @industrygothica @hafrogman @Greenmtn

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - DC 10 on what kind of save? A 'resist check' is generally based on an attribute, yes? Constitution or Dexterity seem likely, but I don't want to assume.)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Using his momentum, Aanzu keeps running, his mighty sword held overhead as he rushes towards Sardath. The dragonborn lets out a mighty roar, eerily similar to that of a true dragon, and starts hacking at the ogress. His first strike hits her hard, slashing through flesh and spraying blood over the floor, then he reverses his grip and stabs the greatsword into the giantkin's belly.

Then, a big explosion happens. Aanzu, his senses heightened in his battle rage, shields his face with his left hand, protecting his face and saving his ears and eyes. He refocuses on the ogress as if nothing happened, raising his sword to defend or attack.

OOC: Thanks for putting me at V23. That means I can rush to the ogress, placing Aanzu at X21, then attack her.
Attack: [roll0]
Reckless Attack (advantage): [roll1]
Damage (includes rage damage): [roll2]

Extra attack: [roll3]
Reckless Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

CON save for explosion: [roll6]
Note that Aanzu has Resistance to all damage except psychic while raging.

Last edited:

Greenmtn

Explorer

Harfik sees the vines entangle the enemies in front of him, and feels the pressure from the goblins to his side. feeling in the bite of a sword slashing the outside of his arm he grits his teeth, jumps into the air doing a backflip and spreading his legs just far enough to kick each goblin under the chin.

As he returns to his feet an explosion happens and his ears start ringing. He turns clutching his ears and stumbling back.

Remove ads