• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Valusia PbP

dpdx

Explorer
Hrynnar, Round 4

Hrynnar never smiled twice in one day. But today was an exception. As the boggart's bone spear clattered into the mud, the dwarf knew it was his opportunity to end this.

"Hey, never mind him, huh? I'm still here!"

[Combat action: follow Boggart A if he tries to retrieve his bone spear, and swing (again, two-handed with greataxe) - hopefully I can get at him as he's bending down, for a nice guillotining. If he doesn't or can't retrieve his weapon, swing at him where he is. Then, if he drops, advance on the big one.]

Thom said:
"Hrynnar, Dahlmut needs help. This big boggart's a rough one."
"Uh, Yes. I understand. But I'm a little BUSY in my own right, OK!?"

Last edited:

darkbard

Legend
jakobi

plunging his stabbing sword straight into the chest of his reptilian foe, jakobi gives a low growl of victory as ichor sprays from the wound and the boggart slumps amid the broken reeds.

he gives a quick glance over his shoulder to see hrynnar and geron flanking an unarmed boggart. "looks like those lads can handle themselves," he thinks.

with that, he advances in a low crouch, his short sword held out and low, the other hand held out for balance, hoping to encircle and flank the large gray bearded boggart.

move action to flank big boggart if possible; standard action to attack [+3 attack, 1d6+1+1d6 damage, if flanking].

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
My players,

For reasons explained in an email I sent to each of you, I will be unable to continue this PbP experiment for the time being. I hope you understand. Please - if you have questions, shoot me an email and don't hesitate to ask. In the few posts we've shared with one another, you verified my initial belief that you'd be a great group of players and roleplayers.

I wish it might have lasted longer.

D

Last edited:

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
I've gotten more than a few emails with some good, pointed advice to do the following:

1) Announce this PbP is only on hiatus, and not cancelled outright.

2) Let people know why I'm suspending things for a bit.

First, regarding #1: Yes - this is but a break. I don't know how long it'll be. It may be some time. But if you're a PC or an alternate, then you'll be a PC or alternate whenever this thing fires up again - should you still wish to be. I can't say enough how badly I feel about firing up this train and then, just as we leave the station, shutting her down.

Regarding #2: I received a contract offer with respect to my writing that will take up the majority of my "free" time. I didn't feel I had the time to also give my players the time they were due for a good, fun PbP. If I can't do it well (or at least at least as well as I'm capable of doing it) - then I'd rather not do it at all.

So, again, let's suspend the Valusia PbP. Hopefully, in a month or a year, it'll be back on line.

All that being said - there's a great, great group of PC's here. Should anyone who reads this be interested in DM'ing a PbP (this one or another), I'd highly recommend you contact these folks.

D

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

Destan,

I completely understand. You have to take the opportunities when they come.

I hope it pans out well for you. Keep us on the board informed of your progress.

Remove ads