• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

Fradak

Explorer
Taking advantage of his still running spell, Lorenn strikes the main threat. "Watch out! It's hot!"

OOC: Movement: T16
Action: Casts Booming Blade and attack Josana with his Thundering Lightblade Rapier of Fire (+ Sneak).
[roll0]
[roll1] Magic, Thunder, Piercing.
[roll2]
[roll3] Fire (Absorb Element).
[roll4] Thunder.

Bonus Action: Disengage
Movement: R15

[sblock=Statblock] HP: 36/42 HD: 3d6/3d8+2
AC: 16 (+2 Bladesong) (+5 Shield)
PP: 14
=============
Bladesong: 2/2
Arcane Recovery: 0/1
Spell slots:
1st: 2/4
2nd: 3/3
Concentration:
=============
Equipment:
Health Potions: 2/4
Coins:
[/sblock]

Fradak

Explorer
OOC: ? I roll it again...
[roll0]
[roll1] Magic, Thunder, Piercing.
[roll2]
[roll3] Fire (Absorb Element).
[roll4] Thunder

Great. Next time I'll start with the attack roll only.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mord & SnorLoska

Mord transformed into a terrifying visage; The cultist attacking him stared wide-eyed and whispered, "Dragon protect me!" and his robes appeared to transform into black stone, oddly still flexible. The seeress Josana began to cast her Thunderwave, and Mord flicked his wand. The spell came out as more of a soft popping sound, much to Zander's relief.

SnorLoska jumped in beside Zander and hacked the seeress to pieces. His first blow cut through her collar-bone, and she dropped her crystal ball to the ground - it shattered on impact. As she staggered back, gasping, SnorLoska brought his sword down on the top of her head, splitting her skull.

The acolyte that SnorLoska had ignored shrieked, "Nooo!" and grabbed SnorLoska from behind, his hands crackling necrotic energy, which shot up the half-orc's body making black veins appear on his face and his eyes went blood-shot.

GM: Sorry for the violent description, but SnorLoska was brutal!
[sblock=rolls]Spell: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
3D10 = [10, 7, 9] = 26
Inflict Wounds vs SnorLoska... YOW! Maybe that's the spell Mord Should have countered!
[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Mord, SnorLoska; (BGs) Adept2, Acolyte2
Damage Taken: (PCs) SnorLoska 26!, Zander (9 less); (BGs) Josana 10 & 18 (Dead)

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
Zander looks at his sword a moment and questions his skill as a warrior after witnessing first hand the savagery of SnorLoska.

"So that's how its done," he says in awe. Then the cultist lashes out and the half-orc is covered in dark energy.

"NO! STOP!" the young fighter says moving in and swinging wildly as he tries to avoid both the arcane energy and hitting the barbarian.

OOC:
Move:to ?? melee with acolyte
Action: Attack (gets two)
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Bonus Action: Second Wind - 1d10+5=14

[sblock=Combat]
AC: 19
HP: 41/54
Speed: 30'
Saves: STR +6, DEX +2, CON +5, INT -1, WIS +0, CHA +1
Features: Action Surge-used, Second Wind(1d10+5)-used

Combat:
longsword +6, 1d8+3 19-20 crit
javelin (3)+6, 1d6+3, 19-20 crit
handaxe (2)+6, 1d6+3, 19-20 crit

Spells: na
Usables:
Hit Dice(4/5)
Pitons(10)
Rations(6)
Torches(8)[/sblock]

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Argh!!! Damn you! SnorLoska screams as he is inflicted with excruciating pain that sears through his veins.

OOC: In hindsight, rage would not have been wasted... Raging now... seems to be too late and wasted... Next fight I'm not going to hold back on resources.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I know this round has taken awhile to resolve, but Zander has now gone twice! Don't worry about it, [MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION], I'll place the turn you just posted into the beginning of the next round. But I still have to resolve Lorenn's turn, and [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] hasn't posted for Aquaria or Terrus yet. T? Let's get this round done!

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: I didn't? Sorry! For sake of time, I'll be brief. I don't think I need to use any resources right now.

Terrus tries to grapple the nearest cultist, wanting to hold him in the darkness, while Aquaria tries to invade another Mind.

OOC: Terrus uses his bonus action to Focus on the Brute Strength discipline, granting him Advantage on Strength (athletics) checks. Then he grabs the nearest enemy, and moves him to the darkness, holding the enemy in the darkness. Grappling makes their speed 0, so they can't get out.

Athletics check: [roll0] adv: [roll1]

If successful, drag enemy to the darkness, but don't go in myself.

Auraia: Mind Thrust. DC 11 Int save or take [roll2] damage in their brains.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Lorenn, Terrus, & Aquaria

Lorenn jumped in to help SnorLoska, surrounded in fire and trying to thrust his rapier at the cultists who was unleashing crackling necrotic energy on the half-orc, but the cultist ducked behind the barbarian, using him for cover, and Lorenn was forced to move away to avoid burning his companion.

Terrus lunged forward and tackled his opponent, lifting the cultist off of his feet and driving the man back toward Mord's terrible darkness. Just before getting there, he flipped the man around and shoved him head-first into the darkness, holding him by the back of his robes. The man yelled "Not there, not there! Aiieeee!" as he went in, and Terrus could feel something on the other side pulling at the man, who flailed, shuttered, and then went limp. Terrus dropped the body to the ground.

Another cultist escaped from the darkness and raised a small metal dragon-head. A large dragon-claw appeared in the air over SnorLoska and scratched at him. The cultist swung a mace at Terrus with his other hand. Distracted as he was holding the other cultist into the darkness, Terrus was late to defend himself, and only got an arm up, which took the blow well, but it stung.

Aquaria saw her brother take the blow to the arm and sent a psychic thrust into the mind of the cultist. Distracted with Terrus, and shaken from having been in the darkness, she easily slipped into the man's mind where she destroyed everything she found. The man fell to the ground, a drooling wreck. The flying dragon tooth disappeared.

GM: [sblock=rolls]Check: 1D20+1 = [20]+1 = 21
Acolyte vs Terrus. I don't know why I rolled, because he critted and still failed. Poor guy.
Attack: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15
1D6+1 = [3]+1 = 4
1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
1D6+1 = [4]+1 = 5
Mace vs Terrus
Attack: 1D6 = [5] = 5
Crit
Spell: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6
Spirit Weapon vs SnorLoska
Save: 1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2
Save vs Aquaria
[/sblock]
Gone: (PCs) Lorenn, Terrus, Aquaria; (BGs) Acolyte1; Adept1
Damage Taken: (PCs) SnorLoska 6, Terrus 10; (BGs) Acolyte1 12 (Dead); Adept1 17 (Brain Dead)

FitzTheRuke

Legend

End Round Two; Begin Round Three

GM: Still missing Aquaria and Terrus' saves vs the Fireball.
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Aquaria (P13) AC17* HP 38(24?)/51
*Lorenn (R15) AC16(18) HP 36/42
*Mord (T20) AC14 HP 21/39
*Terrus (V18) AC16(17) HP 32(20?)/57
*SnorLoska (S14) AC17* HP 20/65
*Zander (U15) AC19* HP 27/54
[/sblock]
[sblock=Enemies]
*Josana (U16) HP less 40 (Dead)
*Adept1 (X17) HP less 43 (Dead)
*Adept2 (U20) HP less 18
*Acolyte1 (U18) HP less 24 (Dead)
*Acolyte2 (T14) HP less 12
[/sblock]

Scry3.png

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: I did something useful! And I didn't use up any resources!

I have realized since starting this game how useful grappling is, and Terrus is tailor made to be a grappler. This is going to be fun!

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Remove ads