D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: The rock hopping path was by the waterfall and led to the Troglodyte Caves. It was a stealthy way IN (with the Gate and the Watchtower on the lookout), but it's the long way OUT. They are coming out the Main Gate. The bridge is closer to the Watchtower. They can certainly head for it, but it's a bit of a long way to go with the Dracolich circling the mountain...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit easily shouldered one of the kayaks.

"Uh... does anyone have any rope? Mine is still in the mountain. It could help. Anyway, uh, I'll head over right quick, I have good boots! Just tell me when old chickenbone is out of sight..."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loklafd passed Udit a coiled rope and said, "I am sorry that I do not have any more Kayaks. This one will have to do to take you and Auraia across. I will wait here and keep an eye out for the Dracolich."

"Speaking of which," said Corrah the halfing scout, "Bag-o'-Bones is down over there down south flying over the falls. Now might be as good a time as any to get across. Take the canoe with you when you get to shore and hide it in the gatehouse, so he doesn't see it. We'll wave to you when it's clear to come back."

Zander jumped in the water. It was much rougher than he expected and he swam until he reached the first large black rock. The current carried him into it harder than he expected it to, and he slammed into it hard before holding on and taking a quick look around.

OOC: Zander's gonna take [roll0] bludgeoning damage, but he's about a third of the way across.

EarlyBird

Explorer
*gulp* *gurgle* *sploosh*

"I... I got this." Zander says huffing and spitting out a mouthful of water.

OOC: Should have got a ring of swimming for my up coming uncommon item, LOL.
swimming: [roll0] 2/3 across?
swimming: [roll1] rolling ahead - need to see if he is still conscious.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Udit and Auraia got into the kayak and began to paddle into the rushing current.

OOC: @Ancalagon should give me an Athletics check, with advantage (both from Auraia helping and from his watercraft proficiency.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Udit quickly and efficiently got into the kayak and paddled forward - this type of water was tricky, but he was Lamarakhi, the River People - he had this.

kayaking check with advantage - rescue mission of sort: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21
1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14

He first helped Zander out, who had somehow swam across *in armor* and was almost towards the shore (OOC: this can be done btw, videos of it on youtube) - that guy had a lot of grit

"uh, I'm coming guys. don't make too much noise"

He then added

"Any more, uh, tricks, Auraia?" Udit was glad he had gone after her instead of shooting an arrow at the dracolich. That was Bhaal's way, not the beetle's way.

Remove ads