• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Wandering Star : Heroes of the Middle Reaches (Part One)

helium3

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Okay. Sorry 'bout that folks. Moving was way more intense then I thought it was going to be. Hope I didn't lose any of yah. Now, where were we . . .[/sblock]
With the assistance of Jorje, Varilar and Ranver, Pieter is easily able to complete the first stanza of the ritual's incantation.

[sblock=OOC] With the aid from the three, Pieter rolled a 28 for his Arcana check.

Now, I need endurance checks from Horto, Zarathas and Charlie.[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
[sblock=OOC]ENDURANCE! She shrieks. But I'm only little![/sblock]

Charlie winced as the power started to flow. Surprisingly it was not as bad as she had expected.

[sblock=OOC]Hot diggity! Endurance 1D20+1 = 20!! Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Horto tries his best to hide his increasing alarm at being pulled and prodded by forces beyond his control, and manages a forced smile, buffeted somewhat by thoughts of a particularly lovely evening spent with a young lady.

OOC: Endurance 12

helium3

First Post
Of the four amulet wearers, only Charlotte is able to will her vitality into the amulet. Their efforts will have to continue. Between breaths Petra gasps, "I'm an old man, I don't have much vitality to contribute."

Pieter doesn't react to his friend's words. Instead, he walks a circuit that takes him around the tooth and between his assistants. Five times he throws a pinch of mystical admixture at the tooth and at each word of the next stanza the master orb flares with a dull purple light.

"ARIAN CHOPR YSMWDDIO HAUR HEFYDD"

[sblock=OOC]Aid checks from the assistants, please.[/sblock]

Sparky

Ranver takes a steadying breath as the first hurdle is passed. His cohort seem to be bearing up well. Well, well-ish.

He watches Pieter make the circuit, studying closely the path he walks and the gestures he uses to toss the reagents into the ritual circle and is totally absorbed with the contemplation of that when Pieter's voice intones the next line of the invocation.

He shakes himself and refocuses on the runes at his feet...

There!

He bends and touches the orb to the glowing rune, almost fumbling it to the floor. The young priest wonders if dropping the orb would break the enchantment they were weaving. Best not to find out.

[sblock=OOC:]
Aid Check: 12[/sblock]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1954981/

Redclaw

First Post
Uh-oh, Varilar thinks to himself. I'm not sure I've heard those ones before. With a shrug and a brief nod to the gods, he reaches out to touch his orb to a symbol nearby.

[sblock=ooc] Aid check 10 [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"I think it works know, keep the flow of life steady!!" Jorje says, concentrating on the symbols.

[sblock=OOC]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1936809/Arcana aid check (1d20+11=23)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Jorje
Perception: 12 Insight: 17 Normal Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 13 Reflex 15 Will 15
Hit Points: 24 / 24 Bloodied: 12
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 6 / 8
Encounter Powers: Grasping Shadows
Daily Powers: Phantom Chasm

[/sblock][/sblock]

helium3

First Post
With the help of his assistants, the High Priest of Erathis is able to complete the second stanza and the Master Orb flares into a bright purple brilliance. The colors of the world seem to shimmer and ripple under its baleful glare.

[sblock=OOC]Pieter Anzalli's Arcane check was 29. Endurance checks from the amulet holders, please.[/sblock]

Remove ads