[IC1] Pool of Radiance

Mista Collins

First Post
"I agree that it might be difficult to find someone to bring us back. For some reason I think it would be very costly to convince someone to do that for us. But we could always ask," Selvaggio says as he is still staring at the board. "Clearing a city block I think is going to be tough."

Voadam

Legend
"So are any of you good with handling boats and we can rent or buy one for our use or will we need to hire someone to ferry us?"

Thanee

First Post
The party continues their walk around the city, in order to better familiarize themselves with the location. After a while they find the Sune shrine, which Jade mentioned, and also another shrine dedicated to Tempus. Two hours pass, while they continue their tour and until they arrive at the docks once more and at the Bitter Blade. They decide to make a quick trip to the pier to find out, whether one of the ferrymen would be willing to get them to the eastern bank and more importantly, how they would get back to Phlan, once they came back from their planned trip to the Valhingen Graveyard.

And indeed, they find an elder, but still hale and hearty man, who does not seem to be as intimidated by the potential presence of a group of orcs on the river bank, and who agrees to get them across a good distance to the south, however, and also promises to keep an eye open for any signs to be able to fetch the group and bring them back to safety. And all this at a bargain of only 2 gold pieces. He also mentions, that if they make themselves seen, someone would surely notice and they would not be left starving on the river bank.

On their way back to the inn, the party notices a man standing on the pier and gazing towards the small keep on Thorn Island. When they approach him to ask what's to be seen there, he tells them that... “The small keep held out longer than any place in Phlan, all the powerful folks fled there. But, I'll tell you, my brother told me that place was just full of undead.” Further questioning reveals, that his brother is a sailor on a merchant ship, which comes here every few months and is currently on its way to Hillsfar, and that he tries to catch a glimpse of the undead he mentioned, but apparantly was out of luck so far.

[smallcaps]Civilized Phlan[/smallcaps]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
[smallcaps]Valhingen Graveyard[/smallcaps]

[smallcaps]First Chapter of the Pool of Radiance campaign[/smallcaps]​

1348 DR, Day 5 of Mirtul (spring)

Sleep came easily in the night and on the morrow the group gathers in the common room to take their breakfast. A smell of adventure is in the air, as they check their packs for the last time before heading out. On the docks, the ferryman is already waiting for them. A chilling wind bites through the air, but the sky is clear and blue and even the river doesn't seem as threatening as it did the day before, even though it is still greenish dark and muddy. Only small clouds of misty vapors dance across its surface here and there. On the eastern bank, nothing can be seen, except the ruined houses and a few blackened trees with twisted branches and without leaves, that have long lost the struggle to survive with the ground water reeking of poison.

A good distance to the south, well outside of reach from the ruined settlement near the large temple on the eastern bank, where the orc band is known to reside, the small boat drifts towards the shore and the five adventurers can finally set out. With another promise to watch the river bank during the day, the ferryman heads back to Phlan.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Kordunn nods in appreciation of the man's aid then turns to the task ahead. With a word and a gesture he summons power to himself then grasps his hooked polearm, ready to proceed with their exploration. His gaze turns stern and focused, hardening at the prospect of undead.

[SBLOCK] mage armor spell then a quick detect evil. [/SBLOCK]

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Halfling

Feeling the excitement in the air Eldwyn has a sparkle in his eye and a spring in his step. He utters a simple prayer for the success of they mission and looks around.

Mista Collins

First Post
Selvaggio (human)

Easing Intrepido's eagerness to run and stretch his legs, Selvaggio looks around his surroundings, his own eagerness showing on his smiling face.

"Well I must admit, I am not very knowledgeable with the dead or living-dead. I say we first find a citizen who has been harassed by some of these formerly-living entities rumored to be causing trouble in the area and ask a few questions." Selvaggio suggests, still smiling, as he would much rather deal with the currently-living.

Remove ads