[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
OOC: You actually havn't seen any petrified victims there. Besides, it was more of a reminder, that you still have the books from the library, at least I think so. :)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw

"Say!!! I just had an idea. That basilisk has probably been roaming around the area since before the Fall of Phlan. Doesn't it stand to reason that some one or more of its petrified victims may have some first-hand news of the Fall of Phlan? That kind of information could make us ALL very wealthy!"

"I don't think basilisks live that long," Sir Dryw says. "Besides, were there any petrified victims? I didn't see any. Also, we do have books from the library."

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

"Ok, fine, then," says Emagor in a huff. He immediately plops down, grabs a book at random and opens it.
" 'Engineering the Bridges of Phlan,' oh, yes, I see exactly what you mean! Why this is a veritable fountain of good information! Thank you, thank you, thank you for making such a helpful suggestion!" The sickly sweet sarcasm in Emagor's voice is thick enough to spread with a spoon.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

"I believe we did glean a few useful tidbits from the books. Let's at least try to get the reward for what we found, since we are here at the hall and we have the books. Coins are lighter than books after all. "

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw

"I believe we did glean a few useful tidbits from the books. Let's at least try to get the reward for what we found, since we are here at the hall and we have the books. Coins are lighter than books after all. "

Sir Dryw nods. "After all, a bird squashed in the hand is worth two shot in the bush. Ha! Ha!"

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

Emagor looks at Peabody and says, "Eeeewwww, bird guts!" To which Peabody just looks up and licks his "lips." (Lizard lips? Oh, well....) "Anyway, a bird's bush is a pretty small target to be shooting at.";)

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
The clerk in the City Hall informs the adventurers, that the books will have to be checked first to determine their value, but he is reasonably sure, that they can expect a reward, if they really contain information about the past.

The young councilman Porphyrys Cadorna is especially interested in the findings and after a quick scan of the pages, he orders the clerk to give the finders a sizable fee.

“Ah, that's by far the best we have received since we posted the note. Great, truly great! I will have a lot to read tonight. Maybe these will fill in some gaps in our collective memory about the past of this once and soon to be again great city! Thank you, my friends!”

OOC: You receive a total of 10,000 gp for returning the books.

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn

"I thank the council for your generous reward. I continue to be your servant. We shall be going on with our quest to support the reclamation of Phlan." He bows and takes his leave wondering how best to invest the latest rewards and considering the group's next move. "Well my friends what's next for us?"

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance

Libations, good food, and more libations! If we are to die in Old Phlan tomorrow, then I say we should be happy tonight!"

renau1g

First Post
"We have already taken in a fair amount of ale last night, if you recall, and perhaps should keep our heads clear after a night of rest in order to better serve our mission" the ranger says, wisely.

Remove ads