[IC2] Pool of Radiance

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

"Farewell, Brother Storm! You shall be missed, but we shall endeavor to achieve the same degree of success in your absence that we doubtless would have achieved with your help." Peabody leans out and licks Storm's hand, which feels to him a bit like being caressed with a fine-grained sandpaper. "Oh, yeah, um, wizards are exempt from standing a watch, right? At least, that's what I think I remember reading in the Adventurer's Handbook back in New Phlan?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
"Sure Emagor, get some rest and sleep through your watch. Just don't be surprised if you and Peabody wake up inside one of those big frogs that will no doubt come creeping into camp while we were all asleep."

Thanee

First Post
1348 DR, Day 15 of Mirtul (spring)

The night passes without any incident, apparantly not a whole lot of those big frogs are creeping about the forested area north of the small lake.

With the preparations they made on the evening, the adventurers are set to build the raft and begin their journey into the strange pyramid.

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Sir Dryw

Sir Dryw rises in a chipper mood.

"A new day!" he says, taking a deep breath. "A good day to fight for a just cause, eh? My preparations are made. I can shape the wood into a raft. Should we end up in the drink, I can also bestow upon us the ability to breathe water."

[sblock=Druid Spells Prepared]
3rd - water breathing
2nd - barkskin, lesser restoration, wood shape
1st - cure light wounds, faerie fire, jump, speak with animals
0 - detect magic, detect poison, guidance (x2), read magic
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Emagor Rilliance and Peabody

Emagor stretches luxuriantly and groans loudly. "Ahhh, I feel better now. Who's got the bacon?"

[sblock=OOC:] Sorry for my unplanned absence for so long. I'm out of the hospital now and back at home. :)[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
With breakfast and preparations done, the party boards the selfmade raft in order to cross the lake.

While it does look a bit adventerous, the raft does hold up to the promise of getting the group to the other side and thus onto the island. Though they noticed movement in the waters, no creatures attacked them on the water.

The island itself is barren, only a few bones of various kinds are scattered across its surface, which is otherwise dominated by the huge, black pyramid. The four sides are smooth and there is no sign of doors or windows apparent.

From the top of the pyramid, a shower of deadly black liquids erupts occasionally, to flow down along the southern side and slowly dripping into the river, fueling the poisonous pollution.

Thanee

First Post
[SBLOCK=Eldwyn]The walls of the pyramid do not radiate magic, even though it is almost obvious, that some magic must have been used in its creation. However, the liquids pouring from the top do have faint traces of transmutation magic on them.[/SBLOCK]

Scotley

Hero
"The structure itself does not seem to be magical. I wonder if it would be possible to stop the flow by using magic to reshape the opening at the top? Perhaps I could plug it. I wonder if it might also be possible to dispel the magic that creates the poison?"

Remove ads