• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iconics Adventure

Jozan of Pelor

First Post
Originally posted by Alhandra "Hey, nice sleigh there, Santa.
Do you have a present in there for me?"
Jozan turns to look at her, a startled expression on his face. He struggles with a grin as his lower jaw seems to take on a life of it's own. "Ub, ah, wal..."
"Anyone seen Vadania?"
Jozan's mouth snaps shut. Above a frozen, half formed grin, his eyes dart around.

Then he sneezes--loudly--just in case anyone noticed him making noise.

Luckily, the camera starts acting dramatic at this point and Jozan is out of the frame for a bit. When things settle down again, the cleric is standing beside his sleigh, looking thoughtful.

"It was being controlled by something? Well, that is strange. And unsettling. Evil mastermind and all that. Yes, perhaps we should be moving on." He shakes his head and looks around at the horizon. "Mind control. Pelor's Burning Brow! How far away do you have to be to do that sort of thing? And where is that lovely Ma'varkith when you need her?"

Jozan whistles to his sled dogs and prepares to depart.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
You continue onward, and there are few things other than rocks and snow on the path for quite awhile.

After roughly five miles, you hear two deep but excited voices grumbling and shouting in Dwarven up ahead. Where the trail intersects a narrow path that climbs toward the mountaintop, you spot a campsite. Seven dwarves armed with bows and axes occupy the campsite. Two of them argue loudly, while the others stand and observe. Another figure, covered by a bloody blanket, lies on the snowy ground nearby. None of them notice you, and the two arguing seem to be quite absorbed in their conversation.

Tordek

First Post
EUhh Ally... mind detecting evil first? :rolleyes: Else let's go help the buggers!

[OOC: 11+1 = 12 for listen check what they are saying and argueing about.]

Kazak

First Post
"Eh, this doesn't look good lads and lasses. Keep an eye and an ear out for trouble."

Kazak quietly walks forwards towards the dwarves, listening to the argument.

Krusk

First Post
Glad that , for once, he didn't have to pull Jozan's dog-sled, Krusk wipes the spider-ichor from his mouth, and follows Kazak in toward the camp. The stands behind the psionic dwarf, a looming prescence, playing and looking the part of the stereotypical, mildly sociopathic, and easily irritable half-orc.

"Grrrumble..."

Tordek

First Post
Tordek walks over to Jozan while trying to pick up some of the words from the Dwarven encampment (listen check made last post)

Hmmm I'd better stay here with ya. In my armor they'd hear me coming even if there was an Orc with them having her period... Damn that Dwarven racket... :rolleyes:

Naull

First Post
Motions to Krusk, who is fingering the dead critter-"Hey Krusk, would you like me to cook that before you eat it? Might taste better that way."

"Sorry Alhandra, didn't mean to offend, I'm just a bit confused. Anyway, your speech has inspired me (Wagner's Flight of the Valkyrie is heard in the background ) to aid you in your quests. I would be honored if you would accept my apology."

"Now, let's see what's happenin' with the dwarves up the road."

Krusk

First Post
Naull said:
Motions to Krusk, who is fingering the dead critter-"Hey Krusk, would you like me to cook that before you eat it? Might taste better that way."

"Cooking destroy essential nutrients and vitamins, elimate delicate flavors, and ruin unique texture... so say Mother." Krusk tosses aside a hairy abdominal carapace, sucked clean.

*BELCH*

"Sorry."

Last edited:

Regdar

First Post
Regdar walks onto the set.

Bah, Alhandra, it's been a whole three days since someone has posted here, even Gnomeworks, shouldn't you be hounding him to step up and fullfill his DM responsibility?

Bah, Naull don't apologise to Alhandra, you have no need. Show that fighters spirit you showed Regdar after the Shadow Caves a few months back.

Bah I return you to your scheduled Iconic campaign, bump for great justice or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads