• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iconics Adventure

Krusk

First Post
Growing impatient with the delay in action, Krusk steps off-camera and sits down in a hastily unfolded director's chair boldly labeled KRUSK

"Could get vodka martini while wait?" he bellows. "And where pipe and tobacco wander off to? You! Bring tray of lovely canapes set out this morning!

"Makeup! Need more gore on axe and tusks! Wind keep drying out."

He leans back in his chair, donning a pair sunglasses, "Regdar! Good to see again, old chap. How solo circuit for you?"

Last edited:

Naull

First Post
Redgar, shhh!

Naull pulls a tattered copy of the script (up to this point) out of one of her many pockets and walks over to Redgar, stopping to get a spritzer from the catering table. "Thanks for the vote of confidence but I thought we weren't going to mention that she-warrior incident at the caves with anyone. I've a reputation as a mage to uphold you know. I can't have people hearing about that."

Regdar

First Post
Regdar has been well Krusk, after the Shadow Caves Regdar has been doing the "WoTC is in deep pooh pooh, so we need an Iconic to save our butt," lecture circuit.

Oh Naull, Regdar knows you don't need to hide anything, but Regdar will keep the secret of the mighty war crys Regdar made you make.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Sorry 'bout the delay there, folks... I've got limited time online, and have a few other things I'm working on.

-----

Tordek - the dwarves seem to be arguing about where to go. You manage to pick up that they were ambushed up the trail a few miles away, and that they had to leave several of their number behind to escape a "deathtrap".

As the dwarves argue, one of the two arguing dwarves points down the trail, towards you - although he doesn't seem to be pointing at you. He turns to look down the trail, then notices you.

"Strangers." He says simply, reverting quickly to common, and the other dwarf almost instantly stops talking. The others who were sitting by glumly look at you with slightly more interest than they were regarding the arguing with. "What do you want?"

Naull

First Post
Naull spits out a mouthful of raspberry spritzer all over WoTC's nice Set Floor. "War Cries that you made me make? Redgar, I make no war cries for-"stops and thinks a moment "oh, perhaps that was in the Savage Caves script. D*&^ writers! Well, Gnomy is back so we have to go back to work."

Shuffles back onto the set.

"I think we have been spotted by those dwarves guys. They don't seem to thrilled to see us."

Jozan of Pelor

First Post
Jozan quickly swallows a puff pastry and wipes powdered sugar from his lips.

He steps forward with a benevolent smile. "Ahh, ahem, my dear dwarven compatriots! You seem to be experiencing some...set backs on your road to glory. May Pelor renew his Strength-Giving Light upon you all."

He looks over at the blanket-covered figure with a practiced eye.

[Gnome...is he injured or dead?]

"What we want is unimportant, unless perhaps you have tales of your deeds here in these mountains you wish to share. We are merely passing by, you see." He gestures ahead. "Heading that way, or thereabouts. Into deadly danger, no doubt. Avalanches, deadfalls, nasty creatures with big teeth, that sort of thing. No offense, Krusk."

Jozan raises his holy symbol to his lips. "By the Fiery Grace of Almighty Pelor, we will make it through with only a few bumps, bruises, and the odd hangnail."

While the NPCs consider their response, Jozan turns and gives Regdar a patient, long suffering sigh. "Regdar, Regdar, Regdar. Haven't you learned how to respect women yet?" He gives Naull a shrug and slight smile, as if to say I don't know where he comes up with this stuff.

Krusk

First Post
Krusk drains the last of his martini, and tosses the glass over his shoulder. Hefting his freshly gored greataxe, his steps up beside the illustrious cleric of Pelor...

Jozan of Pelor said:
"Heading that way, or thereabouts. Into deadly danger, no doubt. Avalanches, deadfalls, nasty creatures with big teeth, that sort of thing. No offense, Krusk."

*SNORT*

Krusk waits ever so patiently until someone decides whether or not he gets to split the heads of these rather impolite dwarves.

Alhandra

First Post
Alhandra walks forward boldly, wordlessly assuring no attack will be made, and that she means to parlay with them.

"My good dwarves, I see you have a casualty in your midst - my companions and I could not help but hear that you encountered some trouble.

May we offer any assistance to fellow travellers?"

The charismatic paladin walks up and shakes the hand of any that looks to identify themselves as a leader - the one who addressed us, if no other.
While he's replying, she will peer deeply into his very soul and see what radiates.

(Detect evil, boss)

She looks back, "Get up here, Jozan!
You're our healer, and maybe they're hurt - I know you aren't as warm and fuzzy as some doctors, you're all they've got in this wasteland.
Maybe your sunglorious presence may calm them." ;)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jozan - from what you can see, the dwarf under the blanket is quite dead.

Alhandra - none of them detect as evil, nor does anything in the immediate region. But something seems nearly within your range of detection... a feeling similar to that you got from the spider, earlier.

-----

The expression of the dwarf who addressed you lightens considerably as you offer your assistance.

"Aye, yes," He says gruffly, "we could use your help. We were attacked back up the path by goblins, and some... unusually large spiders. Our companion was slain, and we are heading back to our clan to have him raised."

"No, we are not." The one with whom he was arguing with earlier says in a quiet tone, but loudly enough for all to hear. "We must continue on. The other four may yet live. We cannot risk their lives to save one. Even you must recognize that we must at least try to help them, Cenkil."

The one called Cenkil glares at the younger one for a small moment, then turns back to you. "Will you help us return to our clan? Or are you capable of assisting our companion?"

Alhandra

First Post
"Four yet live, and we stand here prattling like Diplomats?!

Quick, friends!
There are lives to be saved from the clutches of sure death -
blood which can stay in veins instead of staining the snow -
spirits which can soar in freedom instead of-" <<< *Alhandra gets smacked upside the head by the first PC that volunteers*

"Ahem. :eek:
Yes... well, let's be off to help yon 4 unfortunate souls from a grisly fate!"

Alhandra attempts to focus in on the vague feeling of Evil watching them on TV.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads