• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iconics Adventure

Kazak

First Post
The loud snoring coming from off-set is interrupted by a slash and a yelp. A rather damp Kazak comes running on scene, while a gnome with a bucket can be seen walking away in the background. Flustered, he quickly pulls out his script, peers at the smudged ink, and desperately improvises...

Kazak smacks Alhandra upside the head, then turns to the dwarves.

"What the lass in armor is trying to say is we'll help. You lads cart the stiff back to yer clan, and we'll try to keep the other lad alive while we fetch yer folks from the spiders-beasties. There's good eatin' on those things, from what I've been told."

Naull

First Post
"Right. I'd be delighted to help. Whatever the Holy Ones," pointing at Jozan and Alhandra, "decide are evil, I'd love to fry. I haven't had much time at the firing range lately and I need some practice with my magic missles."

Turning to Krusk, "I'll try not to cook them too thoroughly though."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The younger one begins to speak, but Cenkil silences him by raising his hand. He then addresses you: "We thank you for your generosity. Although we can spare none of our number to accompany you and show you the way, we have a map..."

He walks up to Kazak, and hands a crumpled piece of parchment to him. Cenkil then resumes his previous position.

"...and, if you are successful in this venture, then I am certain that my clan will find ways to repay you."

With a final nod to you, he then signals to the other dwarves. They silently lift up the dead dwarf, who had evidently been lain upon a stretcher, and walk back down the path you came from.

-----

Cenkil's map

Code:
[color=white]-------------------------
|                       |
|       ---  |          |
|  a---/-----|d         |
|     \       \------e  |
|      |      /\        |
|      |-----Y  \ f     |
|    b/      |   /      |
|    |-------|---       |
|    |       |   g      |
| c----------------     |
|/                      |
|                       |
-------------------------[/color]

a: here goblin cleric leapt off cliff
b: top of mountain
c: bridge
d: goblin lair
e: iron mine
f: goblin battle
g: goblin scout path

Jozan of Pelor

First Post
Jozan nods and smiles and nods and waves as the dwarves troop past him. "Happy to help, certainly, no guide necessary, no problem, no problem at all, the Light of Pelor will guide us in whatever way He deems necessary and all that."

Then he scratches his nose and moves to look over Kazak's shoulder. After a moment, he hrumphs and mumbles under his breath, "Clear as mud, if you ask me."

<><><><><>

Gnome...are these lines all paths? What's the "Y"--you are here? I assume the bridge is the one we saw aways back...yes?

:)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Sorry about the confusion on the map there, Jozan... yes, the lines represent paths. The "Y" is a three-way path. You are correct, the bridge on the map is the one you saw earlier.

Edit - Jozan, I meant Jozan!

Last edited:

Tordek

First Post
Tordek hauls Dwarven ass back onto the set, get's smacked by Kazak for forgetting to throw away his can of beer and finally postures himself as the bold Dwarven fighter who smells some hot goblinoid action.

Hmm so lads, were are we heddin'? Some of yee Dwarven lads mensioned some of these Goblins aye...? Well have em ever Kazak, there's some good old ye'Dwarven slaying action to be found there me bets!

The red Dwarf lumbers over to Jozan and peeks down at the dead Dwarf and kneels next to him.

Poor lad, we'll get those pesky green little buggars fo ya. We'll lettem know what some real Dwarven steel is made of. Killing Dwarves... grrrrrrrr........ what are they thinkin' .... their little green B-hinds are mine..

Getting up and flinging out his axe, Tordek starts walking a few steps away before halting and turning around.

Euuh... would ye lads mind tellin' me where we're goin' ... ? I've got some green meat to slice...

Jozan of Pelor

First Post
Jozan claps his hands. "Well then. I suggest we head up to the top of the mountain, pass Suicide Cliff, and come at their lair from above! The sinful beasts will never suspect that!"

He tugs on his mittens and heads for his sleigh.

Naull

First Post
"Very well, good plan. Let's get moving. And just in case any of you have any funny ideas, I won't be performing any 'War Cries' when we get to these caves."

Kazak

First Post
Naull said:
"...And just in case any of you have any funny ideas, I won't be performing any 'War Cries' when we get to these caves."

"Bah, all women make 'War Cries' at Kazak's greatness."

The dwarf blinks, and rechecks his script.

"Alright, who gave me Redgar's copy?"

"A sound enought plan, Jozan lad, and I think Tordek is ready for the off."

OOC: Hot goblinoid action? Their little green B-hinds are mine? Is Tordek not tellin' is somethin'?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads