• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iconics Adventure

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Evil... spiders?

The spiders seem to ignore Alhandra's attempt to convert them, and are coming quickly into melee range.

Now that they are all present, you can all see that there are a total of 13 spiders coming at the group.

-----

Initiatives
Kazak and Alhandra - 20
Jozan - 17
Tordek - 15
Spiders - 11
Naull - 8
Krusk - 6

Kazak manifests biocurrent on the nearest two spiders.

Saving Throws: 19 and 7. First one succeeds, second fails.

Spider 1 takes 1 point. Spider 2 takes 2 points.

The second spider that Kazak hit with biocurrent twitches, gives off a bit of smoke, and collapses, quite dead.

Meanwhile, Alhandra holily smites one of the oh-so-vile spiders...

She gets a 22, which hits! She deals... well, it doesn't matter, she kills Spider 3 no matter what.

It dies, icky gore seeping out of its mortal wound.

However, Alhandra isn't done - another spider is within her range.

She gets a 20, which hits! She deals... again, doesn't matter. Spider 4 dies.

Yet another spider falls to the holy smiting of Alhandra.

Jozan sets off a bless, and the sun seems to be smiling down upon the iconics...

Spiders, spiders, everywhere! Ten are yet standing, and attack the nearest iconics...

Three go for Kazak; one for Alhandra; two for Jozan, and another two for Tordek; and one each on Naull and Krusk.

Two hit Kazak; one hit Alhandra; and one hit Jozan. No one else got hit.

Kazak takes 4 points of damage.
Alhandra takes 2 points of damage.
Jozan takes 1 points of damage.

Naull releases a magic missile on one of the spiders, and she deals... again, doesn't matter what she rolls, she kills it!

Spider 5 is dead.

Krusk, quite irritated that he got a crappy initiative, proceeds to charge the nearest spider.

He gets an 18, which hits! He kills Spider 6.

Spiders Wounded: 1 (1)
Spiders Unwounded: 7 (7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Spiders Killed: 5 (2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Last edited:

Tordek

First Post
Cursed vermin. Can't seem to hit the little buggers... AAAARGGGHH Sneaky little@$!@%

*takes another swing*

Get back here ye little !$!$%#@ Damned@%#% HERE I SAY *SWING*

Naull

First Post
Naull pulls out a tattered old and cheesy romance novel, which just happens to be the components to a Sleep spell, that she would like to drop on a cluster of the spiders if possible. She will be aware that if there are party members in the range of it, she will hold off until she can.

"No one can resist the sleep inducing power of bad literature!"

Kazak

First Post
"Owch! One of those little buggers bit me!" Kazak continues concentrating on his biocurrent, attempting to hit the spider that just chewed on him with the free arc.

GnomeWorks said:
Initiatives
Kazak and Alhandra - 20

It's been a long time since I've been that high up the Initiative order, I can tell you lad. Nice to see I haven't lost me touch...

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Sorry for the delay - been worried about what's been going on in the OoC thread. Also, Krusk hasn't yet posted... update will be posted tomorrow.

Krusk

First Post
"Sorry. Thought heard Mother calling."

Krusk watches the other take the initiative and half-heartedly hefts his axe and swings at the nearest spider. He then hurredly rushes to the next, silently hoping the other Iconics will leave him a few more vermin to crush.

"Save one for me, eh?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Re: Evil... spiders?

Initiatives
Kazak and Alhandra - 20
Jozan - 17
Tordek - 15
Spiders - 11
Naull - 8
Krusk - 6

Kazak continues to maintain biocurrent, and zaps two more spiders...

Both fail their saves. Spider 1 and Spider 7 both take 3 points... and die.

Meanwhile, Alhandra continues to holily smite the beasties...

She gets a 20 (not natural), which hits! She deals... enough to kill Spider 8.

Jozan hits a passing spider with his mace...

He gets a 14, which hits. He deals enough to kill Spider 9.

Tordek, irritated with the bugs, swings heavily at the nearest...

He gets a 21, which hits. He deals enough to kill Spider 10.

Three spiders are still standing, but they don't appear to be as ready to attack as before... one of them begins clamboring away from you over the rocks, while the other two attack...

One on Krusk, one on Tordek.

...both miss.

Naull - the party is pretty intermixed with the spiders, so it probably wouldn't be wise to set off a sleep spell.

Krusk tears into the nearest spider...

He gets a 17, which hits. He kills Spider 11.

He then heads for the next spider.

-----

Spiders Wounded: 0
Spiders Unwounded: 1 (12)
Spiders Fleeing: 1 (13, unwounded)
Spiders Killed: 11 (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Krusk

First Post
Krusk jadedly kills the next spider, and patiently waits for the last to run away... He then hefts his axe, and steps off-stage to go find himself a sandwich.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads