[ICONS] Unconventional Heroes - Vol 1. Issue 1: "All-New, All-Different" (IC)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
EPILOGUE: "An Act Deserving of Recognition, or Something.."

Staples Center.
After giving a statement to the police, the groups returned to the Staple's Center with the Cluster Duck's Duckification Carbine in hand. Once there, they were led to the reception hall, where the Ducks have been gathered and have been held behind a large netted barrier under the watch of a small contingent of police officers (for safety reasons).

To the chagrin of several or the group's members, their wee several news crews present within the room as the Heroes arrived. Although it was unknown if the reporters were given heads up from the police, you are certain that they were waiting for your groups arrival since the quickly readied their cameras soon as you approached the room.

With a minor amount of hesitation, the holder of the Duckification Carbine adjusts it's nozzle to maximize the carbine's spread and aims it at the ducks as the room becomes deathly still. Then the trigger is pulled and a bright flash of light can be seen as energy beams paints the room in a faint blue glow turning the ducks back into humans.

There's a audible sigh of relief mixed with cheers, and before the group knows it the reports begin to congregate around the group as they drown out the room with a deafening roar of mostly inane and irrelevant questions.

OOC: Feel free to write how each of your characters reacts to the flood of reporters. Assume that they ask any and every question imaginable (including many "fluff piece" questions).

As far as timing is concerned, "Volume II, Issue II" take will take place the next day, so don't worry about some of the various un-resolved plot threads will be explored during the next issue.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Arac-Knight (Int 4, Awe 4, Will 4)

Arac-Knight is nearly instantly overwhelmed by the mass of reporters and questions. He tries to step back behind the more vocal members of the group, but the reporters, smelling his unfamiliarity with interviews like sharks smelling blood, give him no room.

"Uhm, no I have no 'Arac-Sense'..."

"No, I had to use my power to stop him."

"Yes, I'm quite sure he will not suffer long-term effects."

"Wasn't the group picture enough....?"

"No, I'm not affiliated with the DSI!"

[sblock=ooc]

Arac-Knight

Prowess 7
Coordination 4
Strength 5
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

Stamina: 9/9
Determination: 3/3

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Prodigy is taken aback by the sudden press of microphones and cameras and people.

"What? Yes, I'm a girl..."

"No, I know the suit doesn't LOOK like a girl. From a design standpoint it would be stupid to..."

"Oh, er, yes, I built it."

"...well, I can't get too specific on my funding. Identity, you see..."

"Uh, sure, cats are nice. I haven't got any, but..."

"Commercial purposes? I hadn't really thought about it."

"No, it's not real gold. It's a treated alloy overlaying layers of composite and ceramic armor."

"Bulletproof? Uh, depends on the bullet, I guess."

"No, I'm not married! I...I'm not going to answer that!"

Finall she's had enough, and gets some space by saying, "Please, I'm getting a...another call. I really have to go. Everyone please stand back!"

Shiny metal parts extended and rotated and presented new sides before locking into place. Wings snapped out. The crowd gasped and made hole around Prodigy.

"Stay safe!" she called, and rocketed up into the sky!

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Psiren, clearly a born media darling laps up the attention.

"They were great to work with, real stars all."

"No I'm not in a relationship at the moment."

"Arac-Knight is a Co-worker and a friend, nothing more."

"Okay, hows was that shot."

"Please, I have a face, it's up here."

"No that video wasn't me."

"Yes he is quite dashing, but as I said before co-worker."

"I'm happy with being a super, I have no interest in movies."

"My powers are under control. This Interview is over."

With that she leaves, taking an awaiting limo.

Remove ads