ICRPG

Dhaylen

First Post
Have I missed it, or has it just not been reviewed?
Ol' Hankerin', from Runehammer Games, has released a new rpg system called "ICRPG" on drivethru.
Its been number 1 for the past couple of weeks. (reached gold, I believe)

If you're not familiar with him, hes the same guy that has the Drunkens and Dragons youtube channel, started about two years ago... 19k+ subs, and going strong!

The new system is the way his gang has been playing 5e... Its a pretty tight community on google hangouts, and he provides ton of support.

Really thought it would have made news here already... But, may have missed it.
No links required, go to drivethru and check the number 1 spot!

Dhaylen

First Post
I'm not familar with it myself. Care to give a summary?

Im relatively new to D&D, started with 5e after playing DDO, and discovering XenDrik's Stormreach for the first time...
I picked up the mantle of DM for my family, and as gracious as they all are - I was on a steep learning curve.

Put aside learning about 5e and consider that I had thrown myself into trying to convert 3.5 Eberron material - kinda got over my head.

With ICRPG, its all coming together, at least 5e makes more sense, and the potential for fluid gameplay is much higher, as its pretty tight how rounds are treated in ICRPG CORE. As Hankerin pointed out, "Its how we've been playing 5e all along" - it feels natural.

For the experienced DM, this may feel really light, and players may agree.
If you want a game that plays like how WotCs professionals present the game, but truly natural, this may just be what your looking for.

It comes with printable minis, not needed for the system though, and it can be integrated with 5e, or used on its own.

There are some key concepts/mechanics that stick out: (no spoilers, though his youtube channel has some description) :)
1: Effort
2: Death
3: The three t's
4: 3 d's

3 and 4 are my favorite, as it deals with time - as does the effort system...

Hope this helps.
Here is drivethrus link:
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/212262/INDEX-CARD-RPG-Core-Set?src=hottest

Before buying, check out his youtube videos: Drunkens and Dragons
https://youtu.be/mzKxWoADJfs
He also has two books, takes place in the world of Alfheim, and is one of the settings for his system.
The actual world setting book will come later.

He has a space setting, and soon to be released, western.
Only Alfheim and Warpshell have been introduced in CORE.

The google + community is pretty active...

Last edited:

Jhaelen

First Post
Why didn't you mention that ICRPG stands for 'Index Card' RPG? That would have given me quite a bit more information right from the start (and also reminded me that I'd seen it before)...

Dhaylen

First Post
Why didn't you mention that ICRPG stands for 'Index Card' RPG? That would have given me quite a bit more information right from the start (and also reminded me that I'd seen it before)...
Ahhh... sorry.?
That is how its referred to mainly by the author in his videos - got used to it.
But hey, now you know! :)

Dhaylen

First Post
Morrus, It was #1 at drivethrurpg for a month.
It has a five star review from 61 people, and 30 people took time to write a review.
The discussion is at 40+ I believe.

Not bad considering most items there don't recieve half the, positive, responce CORE has.

It would be cool to see it reviewed here... There is a pretty live community on Google+ built up around this.
Hankerin', the developer, is very much active in the community as well... Recently he had two live game sessions, on youtube, with a few of the folks from the Google+ group.

400goblins

First Post
I haven't got it to the table yet, but a lot of its ideas have already crept into my 5e games. There's so many tools and ideas and advice that can be easily used in 5e.

My elevator pitch for people to check it out would be this: If you're the type of GM the found Dungeon World made you think differently about how you run D&D games, then ICRPG will likely do the same. Reading it will make you a better GM.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Morrus, It was #1 at drivethrurpg for a month.
It has a five star review from 61 people, and 30 people took time to write a review.
The discussion is at 40+ I believe.

Not bad considering most items there don't recieve half the, positive, responce CORE has.

It would be cool to see it reviewed here... There is a pretty live community on Google+ built up around this.
Hankerin', the developer, is very much active in the community as well... Recently he had two live game sessions, on youtube, with a few of the folks from the Google+ group.

Sounds like you don't need a review! We might benefit from one, though. If you'd like to review it, anybody can add reviews to the reviews section. Go for it! :)

Remove ads