D&D General "I'd like to run (or play in) an all ___________ campaign." (+)

jgsugden

Legend
What fills my blank is an awfully personal question ... oh, wait, I see what you mean.

I occasionally run an all goblin set of adventures. The PCs play members of a tribe of goblins. The tribe starts by sending them in to clear out an infestation in some caves so that they can take it over, then sends them to gather some resources, and then they're sent to a village to recover something lost when adventurers asttacked the leader of the tribe. While they go on these advenures they get to gather resources that will be useful in a 'Tower Defense' way to protect the caves when villagers, and then an adventuring party, come to hunt them down and route them out. The PCs go from level 1 to level 5.

I've also run an 'All in the Family' game where all PCs were members of the same family - a combination of elves, half-elves and humans (there were deaths and remarriages) - and one PC was an adopted tiefling. The PCs decided on that all on their own.

I vetoed an 'All Kenku' party. It wasn't truly a veto, but I expressed my concerns about the inability to communicate as a huge hurdle for that group and they switched it up.

I also ran an All Natural game where every PC was nature themed. We had a couple druids and rangers and a 'nature cleric' as I recall. This was nearly 20 years ago ...

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
All Bard, All the Time.
giphy.gif

Dibs on T-Shirt guy.

Last edited:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
There is a spy ring of "small folk" in my homebrew setting (called "The Braids") and one of their recurring bits of contention is the inclusion of dwarves into their organization (some cells do, others don't).

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
What fills your blank?

Nothing specific.

My interest in such a thing depends on the answer to the question: What are you trying to accomplish with this?

If the answer is that they have some detailed politics and culture that they want to put out there for folks to interact with, that's cool. If it is because all the characters would be short and that's just funny, I am probably not interested.

R_J_K75

Legend
...but only had one person who was willing to go along...
I've always wanted to do a city campaign where all the players were rogues (or some support class) and belonged to a thieves guild, but it never happened. Every time I'd suggest some campaign theme like this there was always one or a few players who straight up refused to go along, or everyone agreed at session zero, but someone showed up with a character that was drastically different or completely opposite to what we agreed on, so I stopped bothering making suggestions like this. There always seems to be at least one player that feels the need to be difficult or the lone wolf.

Remove ads