• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ID: Weapon from the anime movie Ninja Scroll

papa_laz

First Post
What is the name of the weapon weilded by the large stone demon that wipes out the ninjas at the start of the film? Also how would you translate this weapon in to DnD? I want to use this weapon in a campaign of mine cos it is so damn L337. :p

Last edited:

Pip-Boy 2000

First Post
I suggest calling the gigantic boomerang-sword "renzokuken" (means ripping iron sword in Japanese, something like that). But, the weapon itself is made up and does not, to my knowledge, have a proper name.

Also, that claw-on-a-string weapon in Ninja Scroll, if you're interested, is called an "onizume", or "demon claw".

Arc

First Post
Anime Kidd said:
I'd go with a +1 large mighty cleaving throwing returning two-bladed sword.

Good call. It's usually a lot better to emulate the crazy things in anime/movies with a standard weapon, and add some flavor text. A set of house rules might make it slightly cooler, but makes explaining it to new players/DM/etc rather difficult, and reduces your potential options.

Felon

First Post
Kind of odd that that Papa asks the question like such a weapon actually exists.

Anyway, a two-bladed throwing/returning sword works to some degree, although the way Tessai uses it, it flies a lot farther than a 10 foot increment range increment would allow, even changing course in mid-air.

Fieari

Explorer
Don't forget to make it out of adamantine so it can cut through all those trees like a hot knife through butter. You -could- add on "of Distance" as well, but for another +1, it only grants us a 20' range increment. Still, better than nothing, and might be worth it.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
There is a spell (available to hexblades) in complete adventurer that allows you to hit all foes within a 60foot line with a thrown weapon, causing full damage to each one and any associated effects too.

I think it's a first level spell. You could always make the weapon have that spell at will. After that it's pretty much just a heavily-damaging two-bladed sword.

Remove ads