• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ideas for Twin characters

Tetujin

First Post
I've had the idea to play a set of twins as a character for some time now, the idea being they would each be 1/2 the normal party level and would speak in unison (I plan on making them psionic in some way, which may explain this). And I know there are a few feats that would help with flanking benifits and otherwise fighting side-by-side, but I just wanted to see what other ideas I could get from all of you. And now that I look, I cant seem to find any decent flanking or side-by-side feats...so include any of those you know of.

Anakyne

First Post
The Miracle And The Sleeper

Sorry, no real ideas for feats or skills... however, you might be interested in character development. I suggest you look in twin psychology and especially the reference to what I've heard is called the Miracle and the Sleeper. The theory suggest that one of the two twin is always the miracle and the other the sleeper. One is good in everything, the other merely a shadow of the other.

Think of Romulus and Remus (founders of Rome according to the legend), although Cameron and Raistling are quite similar...

Even though I did study the psychology, I came upon that term (The Miracle and The Sleeper) through a song by Dream Theater. Metropolis part I, about the story of two brothers, founding a city, each one fighting for the love they have for it and one of the two killing his twin in the process. Metropolis part II (entire concept album), about a guy who has memories of a girl being killed around 80 years ago by her future husband (judge, successful, miracle) when he learns that she (rome ?) 's in love with his brother (bum, no future, sleeper)...

Might be interesting for your character development...

chris

astralpwka

www.khanspress.com
I don't have a copy handy, but didn't The Complete Warrior have tactic feats in it?

I think your twins idea is fantastic. On another stranger twist, you could do something like Twins, with one being a large barbaric warrior, and the othr a much shorter rogue.

Tetujin

First Post
Oh, I like that idea, and I was consitering what you suggested, have them be identical in most respects but in terms of characters completly different.

And I took a look at the feats, Giant Bane, Swarm Fighting, Formation Expert All sound good so far.

Last edited:

Darklone

Kalamars Stealth and Style has a Basiran Dancer (Sword dancing bard) prestige class for twins... not really psionic though...

I'd go with -2 groups lowest level instead of half level.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
I think the Netbook of Feats or something has Improved Flanking, and there's a dwarf-only feat called Thunder Twins in Players Guide to Faerun.

Last edited:

Tetujin

First Post
Thunder Twin might be nice for flavor, but right now im leaning towards halflings, possibly rouges, with swarmfighting, then at level 6 they both take leadership and gain a cohort with swarmfighting, then Ive got 4 halflings that all fight in one square. And whats the deal with flanking an sneak attacks? do you get one automaticly? get a bonus to faint?

Remove ads