• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If a DM says, "Anything goes in my campaign" (Pure RAW) What is your initial opinion?

If a DM says, "Anything goes in my campaign" (Pure RAW) What is your initial opinion

• A fool and his game balance are soon parted.

Votes: 34 23.6%
  • Does this guy realize how MANY d20 supplements are out there?

Votes: 42 29.2%
  • Wow, I've always wanted to play <insert broken combo here>

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • This DM is SO COOL!!!!!!!

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • Maybe I would be better off in another game.

Votes: 20 13.9%

• Poll closed .

EyeontheMountain

First Post
If you ar about to join a game iwth a new DM (however experienced) what would you think if he/she said they would allow and d20 material from any source for the gmae (especially character creations)

And Why?

Poll up now:

My answer is the 'Maybe I would be better off in another game'

I truely feel that a DM has the responsibility to regulate the game, and that a DM that knows the rules well can see the flaws and potential gamebreakers in the rules as they are written, So if a DM were to ignore that I would have serious doubts about:

Their maturity as a DM
Their knowledge of the rules.
Their ability to balance the game for everyone, PC to PC and PC to everyone else.

Opinions? I am sure many of you disagree with me.

Last edited:

Jack Simth

First Post
Option 6.

This is either going to be a very fun game, or a very unfun game, and I won't know which until after I know the habits of the DM/other players.

Yeah, this poll is missing the "None of the Above" option.

I picked "Cool, I've always wanted to play broken combo X," because it's the closest to what I'm really thinking: "Cool, I've always wanted to play X."

Seriously, the anti-inclusive slant is pretty blatant in your poll choices, which will probably throw off the results.

Laman Stahros

First Post
I actually play in just such a game. One of my players is gamemastering a game and he doesn't refuse any 3.5 (or non-reprinted 3.0) books. It is a little overwhelming to me, but he seems to be handling it fine. Even with the celestial channelling cleric running around with the Divine Metamagic feat and a couple of Extra Turning feats. It can get crazy. :lol:

Thanee

First Post
No problem, we are all mature players here. :)

I just hope, that this doesn't mean, that when there is some really ridiculous effect because of the (careless) wording of a rule, that common sense will kick in. ;)

None of the above seem good answers, so I just voted #2.

Bye
Thanee

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I wish there was an option for something less extreme, but given the choices I voted "THIS DM IS SO COOL". I think there are a few houserules that are fairly important if the issue comes up, but for the most part as long as the players are mature it should be fine.

ThirdWizard

First Post
If he's experienced, I'm thinking that I'm probably in way over my head and this DM is going to throw one very difficult campaign at us before we have time to think. I'd become extremely paranoid.

If he's inexperienced, its time to relax, lean back, and let someone else worry about this stuff for a change. I'm just in it for the ride.

Remove ads