• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If anyone could shed some light on the "Shade"...

TheRelinquished

First Post
I'm DMing my first group and designing my own campaign based on a Forgotten Realms style universe with my own smatterings of creativity (nothing drastic, though). Well the antagonists of the campaign (much like most of the organizations in the campaign) have a strict hierarchy with goblinoids at the bottom, Drow in the middle, and atop them all, Shades, who have found a burning ambition to cloak the world (starting with this city) in darkness (which they will probably manage to do at the least) and take it for their own.

I arrived at the idea of using shades by pitching my unfinished idea for my campaign at a friend who recommended them as a basis for the highest tier of "bad guys". The problem is that while he could give me the gist of what they were, he had no playable specifics. And seeing as how I didn't want to buy the $30 Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting book just for one template, I thought I would ask for help here instead.

So, in a nutshell, if anyone can give me the details on the "Shade" template, it would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have any suggestions regarding the implementation of the template, by all means let me know.

Thank you in advance.
TheRelinquished

Post Scriptum:
I was considering dabbling with Tiefling Shadowmancers as shades. But perhaps someone has something more creative.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads