• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If Gene Splicing Became Legal And Was Available Today, Would You Get Spliced?

love.christine

Banned
Banned
Well, you'd never need to buy milk again :D.

asdcattivo-1.gif

Jesus_marley

First Post
you could always get spliced with a Douglas Fir tree.

The up side is that you would live for close to a thousand years and be 100 feet tall.

The down side is that hippies would live in your "foliage" and you would hear "How's the weather up there?" for a thousand years.

To use it as the researchers are looking to I would want my dibeaties removed.

As folks here are refering.... flight okay but molting would be a pill and what people that splice with cats for agility and sight- can't be too careful.

The sun :)

except for vampires, everyone likes the warmth, life giving energy and brightness of the sun. I would become popular! (except the people that hang out with me too long and die of skin cancer :-S)

Ranger REG

Explorer
you could always get spliced with a Douglas Fir tree.

The up side is that you would live for close to a thousand years and be 100 feet tall.

The down side is that hippies would live in your "foliage" and you would hear "How's the weather up there?" for a thousand years.
Nah. Don't want them hirsute hippies hanging on my wood. ;)

What about a sequoia?

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I'd want to be spliced with Bill Gates's bank accounts.

Beyond that, nah, not so much. I'm not perfect, but I wouldn't want to mess with the good stuff that I do have, and I have a healthy respect for the Law of Unintended Consequences.

Or, as implied by Jeff Goldblum's Jurassic Park character:
Dr Ian Malcom

That's how it always starts. Then later there's running and screaming

Sure, it would be nice if I could metabolize my extra fat at will...but what would that do to the rest of me?

Remove ads