• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

if skill1 x skill2 < 10

le Redoutable

Ich bin El Glouglou :)
sorry I don't know how to name this topic :)
here we go :

the idea here is :
a skill may reach any level;
from one round to the other you multiply value x skill
where value is the result of last round multiplications
example:
you begin the encounter with a skill of 3;
next round you use a skill of 4
now value is 3x4
between each round you divide value by 10
so now value is 12/10===>1.2
to stay engaged in the encounter you must have a value of 1+
if you wish to stay in the encounter you must use a 9+
a 9 will produce 1.2 x 9 / 10 ===> 1.08
this rounds to three rounds of fight ( or whatever )
next:
if a skill reaches 10 your value will never drop below 1
and if your skill exceeds 10 you will even retrieve breath ( or whatever , hope it is not too hazy folks :) )

Inglorin

Explorer
Too much multiplication and decimal numbers for fluent play at the table. I would ask the question "What are you trying to archive with this?" Isn't there a simpler way to get this?

Also: why don't you use your single big 9+ skill all the time? Wouldn't this system result in a very samey round by round action? The good thing is, that I CAN use my Persuade skill from time to time, even though I am not good at it. With this system I would drop out for not investing enough?

le Redoutable

euh when you're young tou often love to win easily;
given time ( and after a long use of winnings at games ) you get bored with easy victories;
that's where work begins :
in lieu of improving the stat that you used to use to get a win, you begin to watch low stats/skills and try to improve them fairly ...

le Redoutable

so, when you reach the Level 10 in a stat do you enter the world of Infinity ?
does the world of Infinity provides you with an unlimited #slots to drop cards of any Level ?

:)

( makes me think of Max Spells of a given Spell Level limited by High Intelligence ( from 1st Ed ( and also 2nd Ed if I remember correctly ) ) )

le Redoutable

well, in lieu of multiplying scores from round to round, it could be much easier to add scores, and then substracting 10 from the result;
as long that you have a positive result you can continue with no halt ( like in catching your breath )

:)

Remove ads