If Superman exists and went bad....

colinfit20

Explorer
Two words... Mrs Kent.

Is it bad I really hate that Man of Steel movie for effectively ruining what I thought was the whole reason for why Superman was the hero he's presumed to be?

Even that Red Son book at least demonstrates he was raised over there with moral scruples and the idea he'd go bad well I still won't play that game or read that comic based around that idea.

Okay if I was Superman I would take steps to hide both my identity and also eliminate anyone that threatens to discover or reveal the truth that there was someone ruling the world after all anyone can take the spotlight but the real power is behind the throne especially if they don't know who that is nor if they're the same person!

Its amazing how easily acts of god can be used as an excuse after all you're better off not turning the masses against you since you do like being able to get a decent nights sleep and go out for a meal let alone dating since you're hardly going to want to remain childless after all.

There's plenty of bad guys out there who can serve as your catspaw that it really wouldn't make sense NOT to take advantage of.

As to fight off this kind of benevolent shadowy power, you really need to work even more behind the scenes to locate and correlate what's going on trying to stay hidden until you can locate the true threat but even when you do given the world as it is wouldn't you be more inclined to coax that foe into acts that actually benefit everyone?

Lex Luthor doesn't want us reliant on such a power, usually because he wants to be the one in charge and isn't above using dirty tricks to remains there, his problem is that his ego interferes with his judgement.

And given enough time they will find out his weaknesses.

An evil superman.......

We could not stop him. Before "we" as a nation could even begin to fathom what we were facing it would be over.

As to how-

As someone else mentioned- take out world leaders in a very public fashion. Declare yourself the world leader. Within weeks new religions would form based on him as a god and to some a savior.

But then what? He would be bored within a week.

.....and somewhere, a family of billionaires were minding their own business, a clash with the evil superman occurs. Two parents are killed leaving an eight year child behind.... one with a need of vengeance and justice growing.........

Remove ads