• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If the HIVE had a Heroes Power, what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Just posted this to my LiveJournal:

Tallarn said:
At the moment I'm using the London Underground system more than usual, as I'm on a much longer commute. This entails coming in via overland rail and then using the Julilee line at London Bridge - a very busy station.

As the overland train arrives at the station, a middle-aged white man in a suit placed himself directly in front of where the doors open. This is something that I find extremely aggravating - it's bullying, it assumes that you'll go around them, and it shows a total lack of interest in making anyone else's journey even the slightest bit easier. It's also extremely impolite. So I did what I normally do in this situation - I stepped off the train, crashed into him and walked off without saying anything. A little petty, yes, but it made me feel better.

I made the short walk down to pick up the Underground Tube service, and placed myself to one side of a set of double doors. The station is extremely busy, as I said, so I wanted to make sure other people could get off the train, creating room for me to get on the train. Another middle-aged white man in a suit placed not only himself, but his large suitcase directly in front of the doors, right up to them. As the train pulled in, I said (in a calm and polite tone of voice) "Have you considered the idea that people might need to get off the train?"

He turned and snapped back at me "Mind your own business!" and pushed through a crowd of people to get on the train. I took a seat some distance from him, but spotted him glaring at me for the next few stops until I got off.

Happily, someone else on the train caught my eye (and to be fair he was another middle aged white man in a suit), glanced at the other man and then rolled their eyes at me. British politenss dictates that actually vocalising his agreement would have been a little too much, but it was nice to him to indicate that he was on my side.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Ah - I did wonder.

Some of my character choices at that age would probably look a bit...questionable...if I looked back at them. :)

Same here.. since I played alot of bards and we all know how much bards sucked since 2e.

Our characters in that campaign were alright before that adventure. The assassin wasn't an original party members, though. His character was let in because the GM (his friend) thought it would be awesome (even though the player who played the saurial paladin said that realistically his character would never work with the assassin, Dalamar, Raistlin or the mage due to their all becoming evil.) The saurial player was also a little ticked off how my character repeatedly got screwed over as a result of the DM hating bards. During the campaign my bard, a spell singer, often had his music instruments destroyed, including magical ones we found/purchased. As a result he often was unable to use magic for multiple sessions. Also, his wife/children were not allowed to be rezzed even though a minor npc/underling was allowed to be healed/rezzed.

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
That worked!? In my experience - at least in Manchester - if you try to pull this off at a bus or even the metrolink, people will run over you - because you're in their way.

Cheers, LT.

Well, I was hoping he was going to get trampled, but it was not to be. He looked pretty determined, to be honest.

Still, I hope he remains miserable - stoopid git.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
The Londoners are indeed more polite than in the north! I need to visit London again. :D

Cheers, LT.

Well, if you're down here on a monday night, let me know and you can guest star in the campaign!

We need to develop a roster of ENWorlders that play - like Piratecat's game. ;)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Oh my dear Divines! This can't be serious: Best. Spam. EVAR! | Dork Tower

If there is actually that kind of spam going around, I don't even dare to think who would think it could work. And as I think about it, I am afraid there are at least some people stupid enough to buy into it.

Damn, Oh Humanity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads