• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E If WotC Did A New Setting Search

Zaukrie

New Publisher
If I could get a new setting type from them, putting aside all the other stuff people have discussed....

Some kind of world made up of floating islands in the astral or somesuch, maybe some are quite large others quite small. You can use ships to go between them, and there are pirates and different cultures and stuff....and ya, I'm rambling, been a long day.

Basically give me a 3d world not based on Europe, with floating islands and ships and some places where magic is more powerful, and some where it is less. Maybe the main islands orbit around a sun, and intersect only occasionally with other islands....

But I'm ready for a different kind of world.

R_J_K75

Legend
I'd like to see someone come up with a setting that centers around war where the players have an active role. Not necessarily domain management like Birthright or mass combat like Battle Systems and Pathfinders Ultimate Campaign, though it would be fine if there were elements of these things, these seemed like an exercise in number crunching from what I recall. Things I'd like to see is logistics, battlefield generations, dealing with POWs, army make ups including ranks, units, what the effects the battles and war has on local economy and citizens, etc. A book to help generate a campaign based on an ongoing war with some space devoted to a setting where the war takes place would be cool. Some simple mechanics for resolution of skirmishes, battles would be needed for sure. I just came up with this idea so its not fully realized but I've always wanted a book like this that isn't strictly mechanics driven but more descriptive with random tables for generating the things you want. I doubt there would be enough interest in something like this so I'm not holding my breath.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
I think they got $10K? I honestly can't remember.
I don't remember either. It might have been $100K? Venture Maidens Campaign Guide for 5E was funded for $107,733, so that sounds about right--they're pretty much on the same level, as far as quality, production value, and amount of content.

A couple of others that I backed were Seas of Vodari - 5th Edition Swashbuckling & Sorcery, which was funded for $52,500 (and its companion, Under the Seas of Vodari was funded for $85,159). The Lost Lights Campaign Setting for 5E was funded for $31, 497, and Obojima Tales From the Tall Grass: a 5E Campaign Setting broke two and a half million. And Heckna! Carnival Horror Campaign Setting for 5E D&D made it to $653,970.

5E campaign settings on Kickstarter are a mixed bag, for sure, but most of them hit five digits at least.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
If I could get a new setting type from them, putting aside all the other stuff people have discussed....

Some kind of world made up of floating islands in the astral or somesuch, maybe some are quite large others quite small. You can use ships to go between them, and there are pirates and different cultures and stuff....and ya, I'm rambling, been a long day.

Basically give me a 3d world not based on Europe, with floating islands and ships and some places where magic is more powerful, and some where it is less. Maybe the main islands orbit around a sun, and intersect only occasionally with other islands....

But I'm ready for a different kind of world.
Skycrawl is highly regarded, if you're looking to play such a setting now.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
Something like Final Fantasy X’s Spira, a fantasy world that doesn’t have the classic medieval vibe but is instead replaced with futuristic-modern cities, tech and robots, set equally alongside magic, temples and monsters that doesn’t jar the two themes against each other tonally

The semi tropical archipelago also appealed

Remove ads