• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you had to recommend one Mutants and Masterminds supplement...

Valiantheart

First Post
I would purchase Freedom City. Crooks is a pretty sloppy product altogether with just about everyother charater suffering from multiple stat block errors.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
jasamcarl said:
Freedom City seems to be out of stock everywhere, so that's a no go.

Not quite... It is out of stock at their warehouse, and everyone will soon be out, but theirs a few copies out their... I would move fast though, as it didn't sound like GR knew exacatly when they would get a new printing out.

Anyhow, I found a copy at frpgames... ;) (Edit: oops and so did Rich.)

Link

jasamcarl said:
So what do you consider the essential M+M accessory and why?

Like many here, Freedom City. :)

Last edited:

Krieg

First Post
ShinHakkaider said:
Even though I don't use the system I just convert the characters / NPC's over to HERO System. Theyre that good , especially Freedom City.
Wow, love from a HERO fan. That's saying something!

DMScott

First Post
Just to be disagreeable, I'd say Crooks ahead of Freedom City. FC is nice if you're in the market for a fictional superhero city and heroes and villains set firmly in the silver age, but outside of that it starts to lose its charm. In Crooks, the villains are a bit more modern, and there's a nice assortment of mooks and templates. To a large extent which is better depends on campaign style, and for me that means Crooks is better. YMMV.

The other major difference between the two is that many of the Crooks NPCs are built the way many players build their characters, which means you can toss an even PL villain against a PC and expect a tough fight. Many of the Freedom City NPCs (both heroes and villains) are built to a much weaker standard, so you have to be careful about using them.

So far as other M&M stuff goes, you might look at Omlevex. It's a Superlink product made by a third party, but a pretty good one. Time of Crisis is a decent silver-age style adventure from Green Ronin, if your campaign runs to that style it'd make a fine addition.

Samurai

Adventurer
I have all of the supplements and every one of them is very good. Freedom City is the best, but if you can't get it, the Annual #1 is excellent, and very useful in explaining/adding to the rules. Foes of Freedom and Crooks have lots of villains and mooks. Time of Crisis is a cool adventure, and The Nocturnals is a cool horror-pulp setting. The Superlink books like Algernon Files, Metahumans, and Omlevex are worth looking at after you have all of the GR books.

Bill Scott

First Post
I'll go with the crowd and say FC because in my opinion, I think it's the best RPG supplement in any genre. After that, I would pick up Crooks and the Annual

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads