if you have kids, how old were you when you had them?

Richards

Legend
I was 20 and 22 when my two sons were born. My wife was 35 and 37, respectively. Her physician told us if we wanted kids, we'd best get going - and we did, so we did.

Johnathan

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Be glad that I never had the desire to afflict the gene pool by siring.
Remembering what my childhood was like, I'd never want to inflict it onto anyone, especially not someone I'm supposed to love and cherish beyond life itself.

EscherEnigma

Adventurer
Unfortunately for women, stuff changes in their body after 30 [...]
Not just women, actually. Yeah, they get a lot more dramatic about it, but as men get older they're more likely to have genetic variance/drift/mutation/whatever in their sperm. IIRC, 35 is the turning point. Men coneiving later in life increases the risk for all sorts of fun things.

That said, 28 here and still childless. We both want children/a child, but for various reasons it's a few years out. And it's not like we're gonna get a late-night drunken adoption or anything.

Not just women, actually. Yeah, they get a lot more dramatic about it, but as men get older they're more likely to have genetic variance/drift/mutation/whatever in their sperm. IIRC, 35 is the turning point. Men coneiving later in life increases the risk for all sorts of fun things.

That said, 28 here and still childless. We both want children/a child, but for various reasons it's a few years out. And it's not like we're gonna get a late-night drunken adoption or anything.

Ive got a few extra if youre interested, you can have the 23 year old, hes pretty much useless, er I mean he's a dedicated, hard worker!!

Remove ads