• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you like RPG, surely you've seen The Gamers movies. Right?

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Chalk me up as a two-thumbs-down guy for Unicorn City and Knights of Badassdom. I was hoping to see TTRPG movies, not movies about LARPing. I found both movies to be terribly executed and flawed from start to finish. And maybe I'm crazy, but I was expecting far more from Peter Dinklage than what he had in KoB... he was the 'big name' ffs.

Wicht

Hero
I watched the first. I didn't see much reason to watch others. It seemed kind of... one-trick pony, to me.

Even my wife, who mostly plays RPGs to humor me, found Dorkness Rising to be funny. There's a running gag with a bard dying that she still laughs about when we are playing.

I really enjoyed Dorkness Rising. Lines from the movie pop up frequently in game sessions both in my home and at conventions.

And it can be somewhat inspirational to folks looking to break into this business. As for the others, I was unaware of them before finding this thread.

Last edited:

Even my wife, who mostly plays RPGs to humor me, found Dorkness Rising to be funny. There's a running gag with a bard dying that she still laughs about when we are playing.

Same here.

My wife encouraged a new player joining a friend's D&D game that if he was going to play a Bard then he needed to make *A LOT* of characters so she would have somewhere to hide.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads