• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you twin a spell, do you pay xp Twice?

Lorehead

First Post
I think Hypersmurf is right on the money.

The errata for the incantratrix class appear to have closed this particular avenue of abuse. Divine Metamagic breaks the game when combined with several different non-core feats; possible fixes include limiting divine metamagic to an effective spell level you can cast, or disallowing it with certain problematic feats.

Sil

First Post
DM-Rocco said:
or artificer meta-magic spell completion ability. ;) :) :D
Concivable an Artificer could power surge (small XP cost) a staff of wish, then twin a wish from the staff and get a (almost) free wish.

But then if you aviod paying for a wish, well then you will get what you paid for.

Sil

First Post
Krelios said:
Care to explain?
may I?

Andras posts at 10:46 PM

Lorehead at 11:56 PM
"The errata for the incantratrix class appear to have closed this particular avenue of abuse."

Andras edits post at 12:01 AM

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Sil said:
Concivable an Artificer could power surge (small XP cost) a staff of wish, then twin a wish from the staff and get a (almost) free wish.

But then if you aviod paying for a wish, well then you will get what you paid for.
I didn't think of that, I was thinking of twining a scroll of wish ;) :) :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads