• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you were Scott Rouse, would you call out for the next week after tonight's mess?

If you were Scott Rouse, would you call out for the next week after tonight's mess?

• Yes

Votes: 73 73.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 27.0%

Friadoc

Explorer
See, if I was Scott Rouse, I would call in sick and suggest that the folk behind this choice continue to (mis)handle the RP on this one, but I also feel bad for Scott as he has obviously tried real hard, yet things keep getting messed up.

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
oh and did you see the humour tag? ;)

Exactly. I like Scott. Even though I've probably given him some crap here. Like I said in the other thread, mod edit: thoroughly inappropriate comment removed - "humor" does not mean "the rules don't apply"..

Last edited by a moderator:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
What the hell is wrong with you people?

Why don't you all go and get some sleep and wait until WotC releases it's official statement before throwing your poo around?

Sun Tzu would shake his head at WoTC. If WoTC were smart they would have made an official statement several hours ago before the end of the business day, not the next day or later in the week.

If I were Scott Rouse I would send an expendable intern out to a certain website, have them take the bullet while knowing that they would receive a pink slip at the end of the month.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Heck, if I were Scott, I'd be updating my resume. It would drive me absolutely batty to be placed into the position he is probably in. He seems to have been trying hard to support the game and support the community, and only missed out on the latest round of layoffs by chance. They'll get him with the pink slip eventually, and if they don't, this whole fiasco seems like a pretty good argument that the management is trying to run the company into the ground. Either way, it's probably time to start looking around for other brands that need management, just in case.

Yeovil Andy

First Post
If I were Scott I would be going out in public letting my customers know there is at least one person left at WOTC that knows how bad their customer relations have been, and how stupid this latest move is.

Scott seems like a good guy and this decision doesn't sound like his work, but expecting a WotC employee to go out in public criticising his company's decisions is just not fair. If Scott did post on here saying how dumb WotC are being then he'd probably get fired or at the very least be first out in the next batch of layoffs. The guy's got to keep a roof over himself and his family so don't be hard on him.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
If Scott did post on here saying how dumb WotC are being then he'd probably get fired or at the very least be first out in the next batch of layoffs.

Well, like my friend was fond of saying, you can do whatever you want on your last day. :D

On a more serious note, if I were Scott and I was handed this mess without any forewarning, I'd start looking for work elsewhere. I mean, he's essentially the public face of D&D. His job demands that he know about stuff like this beforehand, not only find out about it when the board members are looking for someone to flay blame on.

OTOH, if I were Scott and I had forewarning but was forced to keep silent, I'd also be looking for work elsewhere. I left an employer a few years ago because they wanted me to lie to clergymen. You have to draw the line somehwere and Scott always comes off a generally well-meaning guy. I think he's probably better than whoever pulled the trigger on this screw job.

Scarbonac

Not An Evil Twin
I would fake my own death, get plastic surgery, move to Guatemala and take up odd jobs under the name of "Mr. Pilkington"...but perhaps I've said too much...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads