If you were stranded on an island w/ 3 books...

dave_o

Explorer
Black Company d20 because I love Glen Cook's world and for it's various copy errors I think it's one of the best d20 books out there, I love the combat/crit rules. World of Warcraft d20 just for a wild change in game, if anything. Too much dark fantasy and no high fantasy makes island people angry. And, finally, Manual of the Planes -- though I'd be takin' the 2E Planescape box set if the rules weren't d20 stuff only. ;)

Darren Ravenshaw

First Post
1: Libris Mortis: The Book of Undead --- Have to keep the Necromancer in me happy :]

2: Spell Compendium --- You can never have enough spells. :)

3: Complete Arcane --- I'm a wizard junkie, what can I say. :confused:

EdL

First Post
Either non-D20 gamebooks (like the 5th edition Hero System) or thick novels. The only D20 books I have are the three D&D core books.

Wil

First Post
DM JOE said:
If you were stranded on an island with your roleplaying group what three D20 3.5 books would you like to have with you?( You are assumed to have the three Core rule books with you along with dice,character sheets,a DM screen and the standard black and white grid map also food and shelter).
My picks would have to be...
Ravenloft Players Handbook 3.5
Manual of the Planes
Spell Compendium

NONE!

I would want SilCore Deluxe Edition, the Exalted Main Rulebook and the Tribe 8 2nd Edition rulebook.

EDIT: I just realized that with the assumptions it's not very fair, because that would mean six books. Throw in Vimary (for Tribe 8 2nd edition), Scavenger Sons (for Exalted) and the Jovian Chronicles 2nd edition rulebook.

Glyfair

Explorer
Hmmmmm....

1. Eberron Campaign Setting
2. Expanded Psionics Handbook (I'm not conversant enough with them without the book).
3. Spell Compendium (Most bang for the buck)

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Book of the Sea
Steam & Steel
Sorcery & Steam

(I would almost count the last two as one book, they each work better combined than they do apart.)

The Auld Grump

Li Shenron

Legend
Well, if they really had to be 3.5 and not 3.0...

Unearthed Arcana
Iron Heroes
Expanded Psionic Handbook

I own only the first one, but I think these 3 would probably guarantee the highest number of game variations, and that's why I choose them (even if I have never actually considered using psionics so far, maybe being stranded would be the occasion to start...).

DM JOE said:
Spell Compendium

Mmm... the last published book ends up so typically in this sort of polls.

Remove ads