• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

if you were suddenly pulled into the FR...

reanjr

First Post
Hida Bukkorosu said:
...which god would you worship?

assume that your real world religion, if any, is not an option (you have no chance of establishing your real world deity's presence in faerun's cosmology in this scenario).

I'd disagree with the DM and say that I can certainly try to spread Atheism throughout the lands. Or I could just not care about all those addled people around me ("Yeah, we USED to worhip Tyr, but he's like so 1500 years ago") and just continue with my faith (or whatever you want to call it).

JDowling

First Post
I'd be really tempted to metagame and worship a being only know as "The DM" in hopes that I would be heard and recieve "everything cool" :cool:

EDIT: and that is a serious answer, we all know that all D&D worlds require a DM to keep the action rolling, therefore there must be some sort of being DMing my stay there :p

Last edited:

Hida Bukkorosu

First Post
i think sharess would be a good one, for the whole decadence thing (i mean what's cooler than a religion where the worship services are giant orgies!)

sparxmith

First Post
Hmm...Can I be exalted?

If I can be exalted, I'd become a follower of Sealtiel, Lord of the 6th Heaven, and Guard of the Gate to the 7th Heaven.

If I can't be exalted, I'd be a follower of Kelemvor. I've always wanted to be a Paladin, and being a servant of the God of Death would be awesome.

So many votes for Sharess. Everybody who votes for Sharess should just move to New Orleans. All the debauchery you could possibly want without having to fall through a portal to Faerun where you'll actually probably die long before you realize where you are. Or worse yet, become a slave of some sort and then find out where you are.

Just my two sparx,

Sparxmith

Aeric

Explorer
Who would I worship? I guess it would depend on what I needed at the time. Success in battle? Torm or Tempus. A safe journey by sea? Umberlee. A healthy crop in the spring? Chauntea. Clerics may work for a particular god and do their work on Earth (Faerun, et al.), but to expect the common man to venerate one particular god in a pantheon over all others is ridiculous.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I, too, would vote for Sharess, for obvious reasons. However, to be honest, it's kind of meaningless - there isn't that much difference between Sharess and Sune, if you're not an adventurer.

I would probably try and become a cleric, if I couldn't persuade Elminster to send me home (I read the Wizards Three articles in Dragon, I know he can do it).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads